Lt. Commander
# 1 Respec
03-11-2010, 08:24 AM
How long must we wait for a Respec. This is simple stuff Devs, and should be first on the list of bug fixes. This should not be a wait until mid March update package, this is dire.

No where does it warn you that when you reach lvl 45 you are just screwed. This has been the biggest problem I have seen with this game to date. This has more people backing it then ANY other problem thus far. We are paying high dollar for this game, stop making us wait to fix what we ALL flag as a serious issue.

This is job one Devs, let's stop waiting for it and push what this community, your paying customers are asking for.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2010, 10:08 AM
I think it's not that simple because it involves lore (how can you justify in sto universe forgetting about the trainning you had) and because of our tied skill points - rank. It must be a screen that locks you in until you spent all your points or at least the minimun number of points till you get the same rank you initiated the respec.

There are obvius problems with disconect issues, lag, cost, BO skills that involves your skill poins distribution, minimun time between respecs. All this thing must be overthinked by cryptic staff before adding a mechanic that has the potential to make the game too easy.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Funny timing, I just posted something similar about the BO skill tie-in in the Powers forum. I hope it ends up leading to the removal of that clunky mechanic in the end.

As for "when will this happen"... watch the Tribble PTR progress, but don't hold your breath.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-11-2010, 01:00 PM
I don't think it's clunky but it could changed to something like: If you want your BO's to have some ability you must have 9 points in determinated skill. This way you must compromise with a skill build to have a desired ability. If crypt don't make this compromise, some players will become trainer farms and every one will have the best skills in game.

For example, A tatical admiral in a science ship will have Science team III while it makes a lot of sense this combination only been possible with a science admiral in a science ship.

(p.s.: sry for my bad english. I hope you could understand my idea)
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-11-2010, 01:50 PM
According to the latest Engineering Notes, Respec is now in Internal testing... http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=136695

So it won't be that long before they show up on the 'Tribble' test server...
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-12-2010, 05:22 AM
Thanks Cryptic!! I fell ashamed of my build...