Lt. Commander
# 1 State of the Game: 03/12/10
03-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Executive Producer Craig Zinkievich checks in with updates on the State of the Game.

Link to original article
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Rekhan:

On this page here the page for the Survey is "http://www.startrekonline.com/survey1_results" instead of "http://www.startrekonline.com/survey_one_results", which is a bit borked and you may want someone to fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Nice stuff. Color me impressed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Thank you for boldly going where no game developers have gone before!
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Wow memory Alpha wom most disliked by a landslide. Rest of results prety much what I thought. I honestly thoughgt ground combat was more of a contender for disliked. Ah well mabey next time kdding great stuff guys and nice start on open comunacation.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIny_Tank
Wow memory Alpha wom most disliked by a landslide. Rest of results prety much what I thought. I honestly thoughgt ground combat was more of a contender for disliked. Ah well mabey next time kdding great stuff guys and nice start on open comunacation.

Of course, they didn't ask about the contorversial 'Death Penalty' on the survey, but I figure if they had, it'd be the most disliked over Memory Alpha..... LMAO

truthfully though, I take a lot of things with a grain of salt since I've been burned a few times by various MMOs. Talk is all good and fine, but actions are verification to the talk. Until Cryptic shows me that they are prepared to take actions that improve the quality of the game, then the trust can start to rebuild for this community. As it stands now, we are a very wary lot and the old addage of once bitten, twice shy takes it's effects here. Although we have actually been bitten a heck of a lot more than once so far. To answer another post from above, it is highly apparent that the Klingon's were an afterthought when preping the game for launch, Cryptic has stated this themselves and are supposedly working to rectify the situation. Personally to me making a race a purely PvP race in a game that should embrace diplomacy and exploration is assinine and shouldn't be, but that is my opinion. Also what gets me more than most is the fact that in an mmo that should emphasize working together, STO is mostly a solo game with forced grouping in some areas and still feels like a single player game, with a chat feature slapped on to give it that mmo feel.

As a Lifetime Subscriber, I am hoping that my gamble pays off in the end and by this state of the game, it seems like I may have made the right choice afterall
Lt. Commander
# 7 Thanks
03-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Many thanks for the sitrep! It is much appreciated.

I am really feeling a lot better about STO since we have started getting various reports on a regular basis.

I think the other reason I feel better is I have given up reading the forums. I only read the beginning Cryptic post and leave the replies alone. I also don't read the chat log in game.

I see the light at the end of the worm hole and it is bright (I meant this to be witty or clever). I can't give up my day job as I don't have one. (and no night job either)

Peace and Long LIfe
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Honestly impressed how you will begin sharing dev information openly. Also impressed with the disclosure of the survey results.

All hands, disengage the Slap in the Face system and take the Throw Under the Bus core offline!
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-12-2010, 08:01 PM
I sincerely hope Cryptic is honest about this transparency and customer feedback bit. Frankly I, along with many other players, was disgusted with the way the last Q&A was handled. The question thread got pages and pages of replies and not only were the most reoccurring questions ignored but so were the questions answered in a vague manner that totally missed the underlying intent of the asker. Craig stated in one of the other SotGs that "there are some players who get it and some who don't". I think this is a two way street because I seriously think that Cryptic doesn't quite "get" what is ****ing people off - and if they do they certainly aren't doing a good job of conveying that understanding....
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Thanks for sharing the results of the survey.