Lt. Commander
Ok so this is the second character i've taken through the "Taris" mission and each time i've been frustrated to almost rage quitting thanks to the really _really_ buggy "scan Iconia" part. If i ignore the romulans and start the scan it comes up as scan interrupted. If i kill the romulans the option to scan doesn't come up at all... The first time i managed after a few hours to randomly come across a location to scan and left it to that thinking that someone else will complain about how poorly its either coded or explained.

However nothing has been done since i took my first character through the mission due to either non-reporting or lack of effort.

I'm finally annoyed and angry enough about this issue to make a post
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Agree. Very annoying (read: buggy) quest.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-22-2010, 12:05 PM
Have made this mission with my two admirals but can't remember any problems with it. Mission description say "scan the crater". So my question is: You don't get the scan button when near the crater?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-22-2010, 10:27 PM
In the initial post i mentioned that yes i get the scan crater option however after triggering the scan it comes up with "scan interrupted" text. Like i stated i've tried dispatching the romulans first however if i do that the "Scan crater" option does not appear, ever...

The only other element is the unknown ship which i can't provoke nor can contact / select.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-24-2010, 11:43 AM
I did this last night in under 30 minutes.

When scanning the crater, after being inturrupted, I could scan again and it went through. Now, I don't know if that works everytime - but I was only attacked the one time (initial scan of crater).
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-25-2010, 01:40 AM
Done this mission twice (soon to be three) dispatch Romulans first but stay way from the planet and don't get within range of scan.

After which, if memory serves me properly, you WILL be interrupted by another ship (briefly) after that just scan awya.

When I tested this mission out on my first character, I found that if I engaged the Romulans and got in close to scan, then after I defeated the Romulans I'd no longer have the ability to scan. Dunno what is causing that issue, but I've found that staying away from the planet and engaging the Rolumans 'usually' works.