Lt. Commander
# 1 Help needed on Tribble Forum
03-16-2010, 01:51 AM
The topic i had feared is here and anyone wanting to keep this faction alive needs to go to the tribble forum and to make their voice heard.

There is a pvp balance topic there and one of the Dev's is there and responding. Thus far there have been suggestions to cripple carriers, cripple cloak, remove our cannons and worse. Even ludicrously severe nerfs are being openly suggested by a whole raft of players in that topic.

The fate of our faction is being decided there and the only voices being heard are those wanting it gone.

Please go to that topic and make your voice heard, or the next patch notes may well be the last you read.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-16-2010, 01:55 AM
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=138751

Here is a direct link to the topic concerned, should you not be familiar with the Tribble Test Server section of the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-16-2010, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idryll_Alira View Post
The topic i had feared is here and anyone wanting to keep this faction alive needs to go to the tribble forum and to make their voice heard.

There is a pvp balance topic there and one of the Dev's is there and responding. Thus far there have been suggestions to cripple carriers, cripple cloak, remove our cannons and worse. Even ludicrously severe nerfs are being openly suggested by a whole raft of players in that topic.

The fate of our faction is being decided there and the only voices being heard are those wanting it gone.

Please go to that topic and make your voice heard, or the next patch notes may well be the last you read.
This is extremely exaggerated. Yes, there are some unreasonable nerf posts, but there are also more reasonable improvement suggestions (i.e., not nerf requests).

Dragging the thread down in anti-nerf posts will only spam it up even further.

In other words, I highly recommend being more constructive. It's very easy for anyone reading -- especially the QA/DEVs -- to distinguish between unfounded, unreasonable, (usually) trolling nerf posts, and the quality constructive feedback they are looking for.

Also remember that it's not a shouting match between who has the louder or last say. It's usually the better presented arguments that make the more lasting impression.

===

Most importantly, please read through the whole thread -first-, before posting. So much has been repeated and argued because of ignorance or unwillingness to read.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-16-2010, 02:34 AM
Who are they going nerf??

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=136534

The 3 of us that still play Klingon side? They should be buffing us till ppl want to play our side then nerf when we are even , its a old ******** method to blance classes out.......

Anyway im not allowed to post there it seems me speaking the truth about our faction dieing has limited me only a few messageboards.......

Tell them for me tho thanks for killing my dreams.....
Lt. Commander
# 5 hey
03-16-2010, 03:33 AM
I couldn't reply on that thread for some odd reason this came up

markmeister38, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

so whatever, i would just like to say TAKE OUT ALL SPACE AND GROUND SKILLS, i seriously don't like pressing all the buttons on my toolbar before i enter and engagement, i just want it simple. make bo skills passive, something like increase damage by 8% or whatever. anyway this is just personally what i want you ,might all disagree but more simple = more fun.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-16-2010, 03:35 AM
In order to post on the Tribble forums, you need to sign up for Tribble and copy a character over from Holodeck.

Visit the main web site -- http://www.startrekonline.com/ -- mouseover the Support menu, and click on Public Test. Follow the instructions there.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-16-2010, 03:54 PM
More help is needed to test on tribble so come on over.

Yes there is a bunch of unsubstantiated feedback about cloaking and the BOP and the carrier. Mostly from people that refuse to learn to play, refuse to post their builds so we can point out why they do not do very well in pvp etc.

A number of post from Feds have pretty much blown holes in many of the other Feds preposterous ramblings.

There have been many good points brought up.

The feds are getting a carrier down the road so why would they mess with ours?

Come to IRC and chat directly with the Devs. They are not stupid. They are very aware that many players have very little understanding of the game and skills etc.