# 1 Really BAD news......
03-17-2010, 12:14 PM
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=139687

They can now keep us uncloaked......
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-17-2010, 12:23 PM
Federation Online...

I really feel bad for the Lifetime Subscribers, who play Klingon. As it is I'm struggling to make it to July, where we get monsterplay in green lighting..

Looks like it's time to start MMO shopping again...
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkantar
So you nerf cryers hope you enjoy your last days of klingon faction

Fire on my Mark has no an 60 seconds anti Cloak buff
Carriers can now jump only 8 Fighters in and out of Combat.

Devs take also please 10k hull of us, and maybe rename it in Federation Online.
Not everyone has access to Test server news.
Lt. Commander
# 4 meh
03-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Looks like it's time to start MMO shopping again...
KotOR MMO should be in Beta soon... if that helps any.
Beyond that, I haven't heard of any new ones, just console/pc non-MMO stuff.

On topic, Science gets an AoE scan, now Tac has ST one, and I'm sure Eng will get a specific one too... then there are the powers that knock out cloak as well. Sensor Scan + BO skills was enough, it is not OP if players don't use the tools properly or at all to begin with in the first place.

Meh... probably wasting my breath, I've been stating the above time and again, yet no one listens.
Fed PuG PvP are like those that repeatedly run face first into a wall, get knocked out, and each new time, expect a different result.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-17-2010, 01:02 PM
Let the Klingon tears flow readily.

Honestly, just because your faction is in a skeleton state which also makes it more time consuming to level doesn't mean you should have an advantage in PvP. Whine about the subpar state of the Klingon faction as a whole, you'd have a point then. But whining about pvp balance issues just makes you look silly.
I especially had to laugh about the Blood of Kahless guy's threat of them all leaving the game over this. Kahless himself would be ashamed at reading that.
Lt. Commander
# 6 sux
03-17-2010, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Honestly, just because your faction is in a skeleton state which also makes it more time consuming to level doesn't mean you should have an advantage in PvP.
Well, you seem to wanna be a Romulan, see how ya like it when they make that playable, and you get the same treatment. Truly, the whole, " It doesn't affect me, why should I care? " or " It benefits me but hurts the other guy " crap has got to GO!

Why do Klingons have cloak other than it being canon?
They give up 1x bridge officer for it on ALL ships
Battle cloak yields slower weapon slot progression
Raptors and BoP are also -debuff, -buff, -hull, so that means any debuffs they use are lower, and buffs they use are lower, and it's easier to kill them.

So, where is the true advantage?
There is none other dictation of the battle engagement time and place, and somewhat an escape.
If they didn't have this, Fed would be able to faceroll Klingons. Why do you think BO skills in Holodeck that show cloaked ships or disable the cloak are so powerful for Fed? ... I'll stop kicking the dead horse now... if people just opened their eyes and looked things, from other than their own narrow view, we'd be better off.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-17-2010, 01:18 PM
L2P

Just kidding.

Seriously though how could you guys not expect the carrier bug to be fixed? Carriers were so OP it was ridiculous. The cloaking change though seems to basically negate battle cloak vs tacs not so sure about that one. I would have much preferred to see a FBP nerf, but im sure thats around the corner, FvF is going to be FBP city.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-17-2010, 01:19 PM
I dont know what to say really. We have fought and fought, yet it has gotten us nowhere.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcian_Darkrobe View Post
Well, you seem to wanna be a Romulan, see how ya like it when they make that playable, and you get the same treatment. Truly, the whole, " It doesn't affect me, why should I care? " or " It benefits me but hurts the other guy " crap has got to GO!
I would be glad if I could play a Romulan, and upset if they were the same skeleton faction as the Klingons are now. I would not be crying murder if the romulans where too powerful in pvp at some aspects and were nerfed because of that.

From playing both Federation and Klingon Empire, I can safely say Klingons have the advantage in T5 PvP, mainly due to the carrier npc swarm and the crowd control options for Bird of Preys.

Quote:
Why do Klingons have cloak other than it being canon?
They give up 1x bridge officer for it on ALL ships
Battle cloak yields slower weapon slot progression
Raptors and BoP are also -debuff, -buff, -hull, so that means any debuffs they use are lower, and buffs they use are lower, and it's easier to kill them.

So, where is the true advantage?
If you cannot see the advantage of cloak then I suggest you play a Federation character and fight a good Klingon premade. Andhonestly, 1 ability on tactical captains that prevents 1 ship from battlecloaking or running away + cloaking hardly makes cloak invalid.

Quote:
There is none other dictation of the battle engagement time and place, and somewhat an escape.
If they didn't have this, Fed would be able to faceroll Klingons. Why do you think BO skills in Holodeck that show cloaked ships or disable the cloak are so powerful for Fed? ... I'll stop kicking the dead horse now... if people just opened their eyes and looked things, from other than their own narrow view, we'd be better off.
Dication of of time and place is one of the key important things in any battle, be it historical, contemporary or imaginative.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-17-2010, 01:09 PM
so now the Klinks QQing about pvp balance...