Lt. Commander
# 1 Dwindling results....
03-17-2010, 05:04 PM
I got to ask my fellow Klingon players if its not time for us to call the cryptic team on this total disrespect of the Klingon faction. I too had hopes for the 45 day patch that it would finally bring Klingons something good and for the developers to keep their word to give us more content.

In the "Whats Next" adress there are certain promises made:

Klingon Fleet Actions - Form up with your closest friends and do battle in large engagements.
Pretty much done with the raid episode. Still its only a mission but its a start.

A New Klingon Ship - You asked for it, we made it: A Tier 2 Klingon Battle Cruiser.
Yeah, thats coming in the 45 day patch.

Klingon Star Clusters - Seek out new life and civilizations ... and subjugate them! Additional PvE content for the Klingon faction.
MYSTERIOUSLY this has been forgotten, the very thing that Klingon has wanted, more PvE and more content...but its not even mentioned......

More IP Locations - Check out Rura Penthe and our whole solar system, from Mercury to Pluto.
Same thing here, not even mentioning of that, strange too...

So my question is this. does Cryptic really want to loose the playerbase that plays Klingon or do they have a beancounter sitting around and calculating that the Klingons playerbase tired of not having anything to do will roll a federation class character...?

In that case id call upon every Klingon player or who loves Klingons to rise up, send email to cryptic and tell them that your cancelling your subscription and that unless they fix Klingons they will loose you as a paying customer. If enough players did that then Cryptic would get their rear from the wagon and start shipping out Klingon stuff faster than you can say qaplah'

Question is, when is enough...? For me I was contemplating a lifetimetime membership, but really unsure since if its going to be Star Trek Federation Online I am not signing up for that...no way.

Can you dig what im saying? Holla!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Every game, Warhammer, Wow, you name it, that has PVP has the exact same threads.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-17-2010, 05:19 PM
Hmm, I played WoW for many years, I have never seen any preferntial treatment like this between faction. Its not like Alliance had everything and then Horde had just barebone stuff...sure its been unbalancing stuff but never to the points thet Horde had only PvP to level off on and Alliance had everything.

Its unheard of, and feels way to much like this game should have been in development another 6-12 months so they had at least 2 factions working equally...or relatively equally..
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-17-2010, 05:36 PM
There wasn't. But the horde use to complain that the paladin was too overpowered and that Blizzard loved paladins. Happens in all games.

Soon you will see threads about "red headed stepchildred" or something like that.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-17-2010, 06:11 PM
What the heck are you going on about? 3/4 of those things are supposed to be on Tribble just waiting to be put on live.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-18-2010, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
What the heck are you going on about? 3/4 of those things are supposed to be on Tribble just waiting to be put on live.
If you look at the time for those things its set back to more than 3 weeks. They have 3 levels of importance

In Testing = about 2 weeks away
Under Investigation = ETA may vary but have a greater importance than
In Development = which is more than 3 weeks away.

Sure I know it is in development, there is no doubt, perhaps its one guy sitting in a small qube somewhere in cryptic offices doing that while they got a huge team doing federation stuff and just spitting them out. Lets put the federation stuff to the side for a moment and concentrate efforts into that other ******* child called Klingon faction and perhaps then we would see some real stuff happening.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
There wasn't. But the horde use to complain that the paladin was too overpowered and that Blizzard loved paladins. Happens in all games.

Soon you will see threads about "red headed stepchildred" or something like that.
ROFL...during vanilla wow, it was the Alliance players complaining about the OP Shamans.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-18-2010, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
Every game, Warhammer, Wow, you name it, that has PVP has the exact same threads.
There is another thing Warhammer had. A huge playerbase at launch, that dwindled away in under a year to a shadow of it's former self, due to customers leaving over pvp imbalance, bugs, lack of content, etc.

The term is flash in the pan.

And They had time to develop the Pakleds.. the Pakleds? Seriously.. A Race with a grand total 3-4 episodes over 2 franchise series. Tat's what bothers us. Not working on key issues of a faction, but doing fluff no one asked for.

Hey your house is burning, your dog ran off, your daughters pregnant.. did you cut your hair?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-18-2010, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonenili
There is another thing Warhammer had. A huge playerbase at launch, that dwindled away in under a year to a shadow of it's former self, due to customers leaving over pvp imbalance, bugs, lack of content, etc.

The term is flash in the pan.

And They had time to develop the Pakleds.. the Pakleds? Seriously.. A Race with a grand total 3-4 episodes over 2 franchise series. Tat's what bothers us. Not working on key issues of a faction, but doing fluff no one asked for.

Hey your house is burning, your dog ran off, your daughters pregnant.. did you cut your hair?
Age of Conan is another great example of wasted potential. The game was supposed to garner alot of PvP following due to the more "active" style combat presented.

I was there when the game came out. The bugs, blatantly missing content, total lack of polish outside the beginning area / Tortage, imbalances, etc. were rampant. The game also had a HUGE following at the beginning, but once the honeymoon of Tortage went away, everyone saw *** for what it really was. Bug infested, imbalanced, nowhere near being complete. Even Sieges, the centerpiece of PvP presentation, didn't even work, and it still has alot of problems from what I hear. People left in droves and the game has never recovered. I hear the devs have put tremendous amount of work in the game, but nobody is around to enjoy it anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-18-2010, 02:57 AM
Yes, and that's just it.

Many games have a chance to draw their audience. a crap start, and shaky launch. Get a bad reputation, and people start bailing... Many games never recover.

Warhammer, ***, Vanguard, ****.. The list goes on an on.

SWG kinda proved 5 years ago that a games IP will not keep a fanbase when the gameplay suffers.

Sadly now with the console audience many MMO's have gathered, it's very ADD. Get a game, try it out, move on if it's not that great.

STO has it's fair share of issues, and a community desperately wanting things to improve so we can play a game in a universe we love..

Please Cryptic, don't make us realize our 15.00 a month is better spent elsewhere.

Alot of new Sci-Fi mmo's are comming. Gameplay and content is key.. not Pakleds, and false promises.