Lt. Commander
# 1 Honorable or Dishonorable
03-23-2010, 12:34 PM
Do you view waiting in cloak, watching a Federation player conduct PvE, and attacking him when his shields are down, dishonorable or honorable?

If you do view it dishonorable, why?

And if you disapprove of such an action, and saw a Klingon player doing it, would you black list him?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-23-2010, 12:50 PM
I think you will be disappointed at the replies you get.

when you enter an iPVP zone (like Kerrat, aka Borg Hunt) you consent to the possibility of being killed at an inopportune time, and you are also granted the opportunity to do the same thing to the enemy. it adds an interesting new dynamic to what would otherwise be the same old boring PVE experience.

if this is not the experience you want, don't enter the zone. and don't reply that you are forced to enter the zone to do your dailies -- Federation players are given a PVE-only option for dailies for this very reason. if you don't want to participate in PVP, limit yourself to the PVE dailies. if you want the rewards from PVP dailies, be prepared to engage in PVP.

and be glad you're on the federation side. klingons don't get an option for PVE dailies -- it's PVP or nothing (5 marks per day maximum). at least you get the option to earn up to 10 marks per day if you want to do both.

-ken
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-23-2010, 01:03 PM
I fully expect Klingons to do just that during Borg Hunt. In fact it's rather boring when they don't.

Is it a smart strategy for them? Yes. Is it "honorable" to sit around in cloak and wait for a Fed to be alone, occupied, shield drained by the Borg, and then attack? You decide.

That said, I gotta LOL at all the smack talk by the Klingons doing this. And then they whine when the Feds team up against them, as if they are themselves not using the Borg as de facto teammates.

Either way, it's fun. Blowing the crap out of a smack-talking Klink: Priceless.

Good times!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-23-2010, 01:04 PM
Some of the most fun I have had in this game is hunting down these injured Fed ships. Basically all the mass QQ in Local makes it entertaining enough. Agree with above poster ... you are in a PVP zone deal with it. In a battle ground are you going to scroll through targets until you find one that has full health? Find an opportune time to strike your opponent when he is at his weakest - The living captain is the smart one - the dead captain questions the honor in it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-23-2010, 01:11 PM
It is annoying but the annoyance is worth the huge laugh you get when you own a Klingon thats in incapable of killing you even with the help of a cube. rofl
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-23-2010, 01:32 PM
Nope, it is not honorable but I see feds ganking klings when the borg hunt resets ALL THE TIME so don't really care if its honorable or not. Is 10 feds v 1 kling honorable? I usually have to run for it after the map respawns or get ganked. Those who can't battle cloak get jacked up and the feds usually move on. I usually kill feds stupid enough to try and spawn camp. Then I go and kill feds trying to do the objective. When they learn they have to travel in a group to survive; I usually head to their spawn point and kill them as they respawn; running when I get overwhelmed.

I like finding a group of feds doing the objective and sit about 20k out and uncloak and just sit there; hoping that there is one fed dumb enough to come after me. Most of the time the fed gets a free ticket back to their spawn point. If I'm with my fleet we usually kill feds at respawn then head to their respawn and camp them. Funny how many feds it takes to kill 3 klings.

Feds want klings to be honorable but they themselves dont act in an honorable way. I see it this way; 1 fed by himself might have honor but when more feds come; it goes out the window and a hive mentality kicks in.
If one starts shooting they all start shooting. I let some feds live if i uncloak behind them and they dont shoot but this usually backfires as if another fed comes they'll engage.
Lt. Commander
# 7 Do it all the time...
03-23-2010, 01:46 PM
I picked the BoP and plan to stay with it through all 5 tiers. That said, there arent a whole lot of options for a BoP pilot other than cloak/hit/run. For the most part, BoP drivers going in toe to toe with no surprise and uncloaked are at a disadvantage. My BoP doesnt hit particularly hard, so I need the element of surprise. The cloak more than makes up for less hull/less consoles/etc. I do Borg Hunt like a ****...like constantly. It's my thing and I like gankin feds (of which Ive leveled 2 to RA5). I hate straight up PVP, but like the Borg Hunt dynamic. Nothing makes me happier than getting private messages from the guys you've killed, calling you a dirty *****. I really am a mediocre pvper, but the BoP makes it fun..if for nothing else than to bask in the nerd rage when you uncloak and gank them when they're trying to scan or cap a node.

That said, I'd like to see random borg/NPCs in Hostile engagements capture/holds. Would add a new element to it. Once other races are introduced (my vote=Romulan), 3 way capture holds would be great!
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-23-2010, 01:48 PM
Let me ask you. If this were real life and not a video game, what would you do?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-23-2010, 01:54 PM
What you are describing is called an "ambush" and it can be found in a manual titled "tactics." These are terms used in war. I would suggest you develop a "strategy" for dealing with the enemies "tactics" if they are being successfully employed against you.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-23-2010, 01:59 PM
Don't bring up reality - in reality I could fire my weapon in any direction, at any time, to flush out hidden enemies.