Lt. Commander
I played through Infected this morning, and just as we finished the mission, the team leader changed the loot system, took the purple drop, and left the team.

I reported it to a GM, but I think there should be a mechanism in-game to prevent this sort of thing from happening, especially when purple quest gear is at stake.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-24-2010, 12:05 PM
problem is the loot system to be used is at the discretion of the group leader. just like he/she is the one that does all the invites. it needs to be a single person in charge to determine that or it can get very very messy.

an option for a group vote on loot system would be nice but then u have the discretion of the group leader, especially when u pug and people don't necessarily understand what each loot system actually is and explaining can be difficult.

Every other MMO has had a problem with loot ganking. It happens. tell your friends that so & so loot ganked the gear and then add him to your black list. dont spam it in zone (makes u look like a douche). Other than that u really dont have any recourse. Even if a GM actually gets involved... he can say it was understood he would get the last drop & u dont have any proof otherwise.

and yes i have been loot ganked beofer in this game and others.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-24-2010, 12:17 PM
This is the exact reason I dont group with anyone outside of my guild...
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-24-2010, 01:36 PM
Thats why I run solo and don't accept group invites from anyone I don't know.
Unless I'm with my guild, then thats another matter.
And If one of my guild ganks the loot chances are that he will be kicked out of the guild in a few minutes or less and black listed.

When I played wow I saw a lot of people gank the loot like that. (youtube) is full of videos of gankers and the nerd rage ganked (which I've watched a few of the nerd rage ones which are to funny).

Every MMO has problems with the loot system and people will find a way to exploit it to their advantage sooner or later.
So don't get bent out of shape over it to much. It happens and go on.
Hope the GM does something about it, but chances are if he/she was group leader then nothing will be done. And this is because most MMO's GM'S look at it like this.
Group leader sets the loot rules at the start of the quest. And as the leader of the group can change the way the loot is passed out at any time. (And thus is well within their rights as group lead to change loot payout)

It's really bad way of doing it but I do agree with the OP that something needs to be done.
Once the group enters the instance (quest) the loot disburstment needs to be locked and not allow changes even by the leader, IMHO. Another thing that can be done is to show the group settings again just after the group enters the quest for one last confirmation from each player before the instance starts. So if anyone in the group doesn't like it they can opt out.
This would stop the ganking real quick.

Another thing would be to post the "ganker's" toons name on the forum as a ganker. A blacklist of sorts for known players that gank loot from the group quests. And even their @account name if posible to this "gankers list" (But I think that might be against forum rules) I don't know for sure..

later
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-24-2010, 01:12 PM
A GM won't do anything about this, it's perfectly within the rules of the game to do this. If you don't like that persons behaviour, put them on ignore and never group with them again. Doesn't help what's happened in the past, but then one item is never going to make any significant difference so just move on.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-24-2010, 01:42 PM
I understand that it's within the rules to do so. I am giving feedback in the Feedback section for something I'd like to see improved.

Perhaps the loot mode could be "locked" in some way once it has been agreed upon. Each player could vote on the loot mode and once selected, it locks in and can only be changed by another vote.

The mechanism could be similar to the dialogue box you get when choosing away team members and then clicking "Accept".
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-24-2010, 02:28 PM
Flee same thing happened to my team.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Everyone should get a very rare item.
You spend ages doing that mission and in the end the one who changes the loot system or pressed Need even though he doesnt gets the item.
And even if that couldnt be done its still unfair.
Everyone should get a reward.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-24-2010, 02:51 PM
same here i did infected once, the guy got all the loot and turn around and them up for sale in chat.
have not done it since then. there is an mmo i play and there are no settings, loot drop are on a roll of dice the high # wins it, i have won 2 times in a row but have lost also. we do mission over and over until everyone gets the item they need.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-24-2010, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberlerchner123 View Post
Everyone should get a very rare item.
You spend ages doing that mission and in the end the one who changes the loot system or pressed Need even though he doesnt gets the item.
And even if that couldnt be done its still unfair.
Everyone should get a reward.
I agree with this, for what you have to go through to complete that mission there should be enough rweards for each team member to get something nice. It's not like you can even think about doing it with less than a full team.