Lt. Commander
# 1 Romulan Shield Recharge OP!
03-25-2010, 06:57 AM
Title says it all...

I was running ground combat missions in Romulan space last night and the Shield recharge rate on the Romulan Subcommanders and such are extremely overpowered. They seem to recharge to full in the few seconds it takes for my weapon to recharge between shots. Players don't even have this type of recharge rate!

I don't mind mobs being hard...but having recharge rates that effectively nullify any damage done by the player is rediculous.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-25-2010, 07:04 AM
well, i encountered no great difficulties with those mobs. center all fire on one target and watch it getting fried...
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-25-2010, 07:09 AM
I found it no more powerful than my own characters abilty to recharge shields.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-25-2010, 07:47 AM
I eventually bought a bat'leth, to deal with these guys (bypasses shields).
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-25-2010, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlewing View Post
I eventually bought a bat'leth, to deal with these guys (bypasses shields).
It was funny that I decided to try using a Bat'leth when I first encountered these guys. Not because of the shields, but because I wanted to give it ago. Bat'leth on romulans feels very overpowered lol. Their melee hits are few and far between and weak in comparison. Not only that they spend most of their time running away from you.

Now I use the Bat'leth almost exclusively and I don't even see my shields drop below 80%.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-25-2010, 08:40 PM
my only complaint is the De'Derix is good about disabling your ship.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-28-2010, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I found it no more powerful than my own characters abilty to recharge shields.
While I agree they're still easy to kill while their shield recharge is on cooldown (and not deadly at all), the actual recharge ability seems leaps and bounds beyond the speed and amount my engineer can apply and makes them rather annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-29-2010, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
While I agree they're still easy to kill while their shield recharge is on cooldown (and not deadly at all), the actual recharge ability seems leaps and bounds beyond the speed and amount my engineer can apply and makes them rather annoying.
Possibly the Federations technology is following a 20th century cost model and is designed by the lowest bidder?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-25-2010, 07:09 AM
The romulans are pretty bad about keeping the shields up. You will need to use the targetting options to have all your crew target the guy. Also, you will need to make sure your away team all has weapons of at least equal to your tier, such as mk v or VI for tier 3. Getting plasma weapons will cause damage over time burns as well that will eat health and not shields.

Another hint is to watch out for some stupid low level ensign or something healing him. Later on, you have to take out the underlings first as they tend to heal their commanders.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-29-2010, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson1701
Title says it all...

I was running ground combat missions in Romulan space last night and the Shield recharge rate on the Romulan Subcommanders and such are extremely overpowered. They seem to recharge to full in the few seconds it takes for my weapon to recharge between shots. Players don't even have this type of recharge rate!

I don't mind mobs being hard...but having recharge rates that effectively nullify any damage done by the player is rediculous.
Just like PVP, use Expose and Exploit to your advantage. Slot at least one expose weapon with a cone aoe attack and give one to at least one of your BO's. Use your expose weapon until you get expose to proc and then switch to split beams and waste everything in front of you. I know using a lower DPS expose weapon is counterintuitive, but it can dramatically shorten combat times in your favor.