Lt. Commander
Now, I may be a simple country Klingon.... but it seems to me, that even the dumbest of us should be able to mash some buttons on a tricorder type scanning device, so we can find our way around on the ground without having to do a grid search for something I might not see otherwise....

I have mentioned this before, I am sure others have brought it up, just wanted to bring it to a bit of light again.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-26-2010, 07:55 PM
Deveoper posted about this, since our ground missions don't involve the interaction; rather they all involve killing/destroying we can't use the tricoder. Tricoder only reacts to devices that can be interacted with.

I certainly like the way we have it right now. After all we are the brutal warrions, so finding the hidden pray/plants is enjoyable to us. Besides, it wouldn't be much of a find and destroy mission if you already knew when items are would it ?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Not necessarily true, mission I had the other day was to find medical crates, that took all day on a foggy planet :p That IS a good point though on kill missions, like the tribbles I had today
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-26-2010, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkshadow9498
Not necessarily true, mission I had the other day was to find medical crates, that took all day on a foggy planet :p
The true reason behind Klingon bad temper.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Not necessarily true, mission I had the other day was to find medical crates, that took all day on a foggy planet :p That IS a good point though on kill missions, like the tribbles I had today
Agree.
Please allow Klingon Tricorders to identify mission objectives.
This is no brainer.
Many reported this fact on Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Please, please implement the scanner on the KDF side. Those that want the challenge of hunting the objectives manually can still choose to do that. I have two incomplete missions that I just gave up on and I now just warp out as soon as it appears it is another "find five things" mission. I have one where I need to find five plants - on a planet surface that is so dusty and cloudy that you can only see about 25 feet away. I found four, but could not locate the last one and simply gave up after about 45-60 minutes of searching.

The Federation side had this issue in Open Beta which was eventually solved by making the scanner point the way to the objectives (if no anomaly was near). Please do the same for KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-26-2010, 10:30 PM
I put my support behind this wholeheartedly. I was doing some exploration missions last night and a few of them were of the "Find 5 X and distroy/disable them" variety and it took me way long than it should have.

Please, please! Allow us to scan for mission objectives.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stig View Post
Deveoper posted about this, since our ground missions don't involve the interaction; rather they all involve killing/destroying we can't use the tricoder. Tricoder only reacts to devices that can be interacted with.

I certainly like the way we have it right now. After all we are the brutal warrions, so finding the hidden pray/plants is enjoyable to us. Besides, it wouldn't be much of a find and destroy mission if you already knew when items are would it ?
You like everything that cryptic does though, so it doesn't count. The devs are just lazy, and for that matter so are the gm's. Seriously, taking a week to give an automated response in a game with such a low player population is pathetic. And we have quite a few missions that are interaction missions, so where is the tricorder there? I also agree with the op or whoever posted about the grid search. If it takes you an hour to do a grid search, bashing shift the whole time, it's not worth it. I am sure most people just beam out if they get those kind of maps.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Now, I may be a simple country Klingon.... but it seems to me, that even the dumbest of us should be able to mash some buttons on a tricorder type scanning device, so we can find our way around on the ground without having to do a grid search for something I might not see otherwise....

I have mentioned this before, I am sure others have brought it up, just wanted to bring it to a bit of light again.
...Tricoder? you must be one of the traitor Fedrat half breed klingons. A real klingon dosent take readings, he tells the pale bellied thing what its going to be.

Unless its a tribble. Then we nuke it from space. Only way to be sure.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-29-2010, 10:01 PM
currently in game, I also dont think we have Klingon styled tricorders either....we just use fed ones...wish Cryptic would design a Klingon looking one too!