Lt. Commander
# 1 Cardassian Holoprojector
03-28-2010, 09:12 PM
I just finished the DS9 fleet action on Holodeck for the first time. It's a good mission - difficult, but difficult can be fun.

My one complaint is the Light Holoprojectors put down by the Legates. It's extremely difficult to target one of these suckers when there's a horde of holographic Cardassians standing between you and it, preventing you from accurately clicking on it (particularly if you're trying to avoid enemy fire...literally, in the case of the plasma grenades that are everywhere during this mission). You can also try to select it by pressing Tab, but that requires you to tab through 8 or 9 enemies, all of whom are shooting at you, before you actually get to the holoprojector.

This is a problem even during solo missions, but I'd say it's much worse during the fleet action, when there's sometimes more than one of these things, and my frame rate is sluggish from the sheer amount of goodness on the screen.

Ideally, I'd like the projectors to be automatically selected the FIRST time I hit Tab. If that's not my desired target for whatever reason, it's much simpler to hit Tab once more to select a new target than it is to cycle through every holographic Cardie before I find the projector.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-29-2010, 12:08 AM
I've noticed that, too. I am not sure I would want it fixed though, because it might be dealt with better teamwork, too.
Declare someone the "dedicated holoprojector shooter" - he (or they, if the group is large enough) stays in the back until he has identified a projector and then destroys it. That should avoid too much enemies striking him. Allies can use abilities like Draw Fire or just massive firepower to attract the Cardies fire.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-29-2010, 05:53 AM
Actually I would prefer myslf if the difficulty is not coupled with the zerg fest of endless spawns. The targeting needs fixing for sure though
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-29-2010, 06:10 AM
What I would like to see is an option to turn on a targeting HUD, where a list of buttons appear horizontally across the top of the screen, ring under the XP bar, or above it (Pushing the XP bar down), that has the short name of all the enemies in range (Perhaps with a health bar beneath each name), in order of distance, left-most be the closest. Could have scroll arrows on the left and right for when ithere's that many enemies that it needs to scroll or just wrap to have a second row. Then you could just click on the name of the target you want to attack and instantly have it targeted.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-29-2010, 06:23 AM
I would like to know is when the Legate was starting to put one down, have you ever been able to stop them from doing so by either gun fire or grenade? I mean can you interrupt them from doing it or once they begin the animation of putting down a generator - that's it - just short of vaporizing them, it is down.

Can they be made interruptable? I know in other fights I have tried to prevent a commander from putting down a shield generator and no amount of fire prevented that from happening. Even being knocked down by the orbiatal phaser strike didn't stop the generator from showing up.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-29-2010, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugatu64 View Post
I would like to know is when the Legate was starting to put one down, have you ever been able to stop them from doing so by either gun fire or grenade? I mean can you interrupt them from doing it or once they begin the animation of putting down a generator - that's it - just short of vaporizing them, it is down.

Can they be made interruptable? I know in other fights I have tried to prevent a commander from putting down a shield generator and no amount of fire prevented that from happening. Even being knocked down by the orbiatal phaser strike didn't stop the generator from showing up.
Not yet, could try stunning them though...