Lt. Commander
# 1 Fastest Way Up as Klingon
03-29-2010, 01:18 PM
Whats the fastest route for leveling as a KDF captain? I'm a bit tired of unorganized Fed PvP and was hoping for something better.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Penth,

Well things could be changing with the addition of PvE content for us but in the past the best way to get experience is to do PvP (both Ground and Space).

This is due to the fact that we get many missions that can overlap. Such as kill another player captain, destroy x number of turrets, die to another captain and so on. So in doing one PvP match you could be satisfying more than one quest.

As for the best maps I would stick to the capture and hold maps for space and select a ground map you like best and stick with it. I would recommend Shanty Town (very fun) and Ghost Ship (speed of matches).

PvP organization is a toughy. As another suggestion, due to the current size of our player base, if you are with an organized group suggest to the group leader that you requeue for another match after you complete the one you are in. Most good groups I have seen stay together through many matches and its a way to add to the friends list
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Overlapping quests also works well in fleet actions (turret killer, 50 NPCs). Best get a group together before you enter a queque, works well in Zone chat by stating what level you are. Unlike Fed zone chat, you have nearly no spam, and usually get a team of your current level together within a few minutes. From there, run with the wolves, turn in/pick up new missions on the way and don't bother to work a list down. That's what I usually do on Fed side, unlocking new missions after completing lower ones; or get access to other nebulas or whatever; but there's no need for that on KDF side.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-29-2010, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwlightTemple
Penth,

I would recommend Shanty Town (very fun) and Ghost Ship (speed of matches).
I love Shanty Town. It looks great. And can be fun to play. But it's got some bugs that need to be fixed first before I star recommending it to people. So in the meantime stick to the others.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-29-2010, 11:15 PM
Whats the rush? There is nothing waiting for you up there at the top...and no noob or lower ranked players to smush. So you might be better off just enjoying the game and content as journey to experience and not a chore to finish.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-30-2010, 05:55 AM
That's what I'm doing. I'm taking my time leveling up. Currently I'm a LT 7 and I only roll with my Gorn twice a week.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-30-2010, 09:00 AM
First, do the Khaless Expanse ONCE.

First time you do it, you got a wave of 6 squads to kill... when it's done, take the following mission asking you to do 8... you''ll already be at 6/8 so kill 2 more squads... Then... T'ong Cluster your heart out. (with PvP when you feel like it)

at LC6, go to D'kel Cluster... LC7, Azure Nebula. Do 8 Romulan Squads... then 8/10, do 2 more... you'll be LC8...
Return to D'kel...

The Mechanic is to perform every mission possible (PvE and PvP) at least Once before it becomes Repeatable. Every "first time" of a mission awards lots of points.

Since Season 1 Came out, I started over my Klingon and, after 2 evenings of play, i'm LC8 or 9... (my previous character is Cmdr2 after weeks of casual play)

Anyway, don't rush things out... the longer you take to reach cap, the more end-game content will be available to you.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Lots of PvP with a few PvE missions thrown in to mix things up.
Ensign
# 9
05-08-2013, 07:35 AM
my best way for leveling up is the mirror universe incursion
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
05-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhayden1200 View Post
my best way for leveling up is the mirror universe incursion
It's dead, Jim.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Closed Thread