Lt. Commander
We're happy to introduce the Star Trek Advisory Council, where we speak to members of the Star Trek and Star Trek Online community to learn more about what our fans want from the game. Read on to learn more.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Soooo...we are giving a small number of fans greater input than the rest of us because......
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerIIC View Post
Soooo...we are giving a small number of fans greater input than the rest of us because......
Presumably they're responsible for filtering and distilling the chatter down into a Cryptic-usable form.

I know it says these are the charter members and more will be added, but I see three U.S.S. names and one "Starfleet"... Klingons gonna have a fit again.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-02-2010, 02:45 PM
i think the idea is great. but i also think there should be one rep from EVERY fleet in the council.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_James_of_Cadiz
i think the idea is great. but i also think there should be one rep from EVERY fleet in the council.
Sure! Why not? If you want to participate, e-mail that address.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan-Cryptic View Post
So they have to go through a Cryptic screening to even speak to Cryptic now is what this amounts to.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Quote:
i did Ivan...as i would like to represent my fleet and those that would like a rep from the forums.

however, given the issue, there is not set guidline or basics to follow in how one can partake or become a member.
i will follow up with you when i get a response.

again, i like the idea, but when you say "membership" it denotes that certain people have a say, and with no formal information on who, what, when, wher, and why it leaves the idea in a shadow that peole dont like since it basically cant be seen by everyone.

does this makes sense?
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Quote:
very very bad idea!!!!

emailing the address will not mean you can join. they will let you join only if you have a fan website also be in their little click of friends and have the same way of thinking as they do. if you don't you'll not be allowed to join or given some excuse as to why they don't need you at this time.

i know this from experience. this is exactly how the dreaded NGE in swg was thought up. when the dev's took a select few community members mainly the ones that ran big fan sites. and had them give their feedback on a separate test server that had the proposes changes on it. those few liked it but did not speak for the majority like the dev's thought. and everyone knows the result of the nge when it hit swg.

for this to have any positive effect or success .
this needs to be run directly by cryptic. members cannot be reviewers or have any type of commercial/fan website.
Be made up of common players from with in the game. say 50% from holodeck another 50% from tribble. and these individuals sit on the council for only like 90 days ata time. before a whole new set of player representatives is selected.

The selection should be done by the development staff or elected by other players either the forums or speciel voting booth on the website. when vote is taking place place can be used as place to submit your name or someone you know as a candidate for the next election. and once you have served on the council your name cannot be submitted again for 12 months or something giving others a chance to server on the advisory council.

these so called fans who are doing this only to get more attention and hits on their websites make more profit from them not because they truly care about they game.
they just found a clever way if anything to influence the games direction to be the way they want it to be under the disguise of an idea the dev's happen to like.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-04-2010, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_James_of_Cadiz
I think there can there an application to join the council on the main site!! personally i dont know how good are bad this is i just looked at the sites of these council members they seem to be mostly made up of ppl runnin there own sites. what i want to know is how come we got no input in choosing the council?
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-04-2010, 04:33 AM
Why ain't it a @startrekonline.com e-mail?

------------- bolianbarber@gmail.com.
Closed Thread