Lt. Commander
# 1 Sex and BOs
04-06-2010, 12:20 PM
No - this post is not what you think...

I'm wondering why it seems at least 90% of the BOs awarded during the level up New Bridge Officer missions are male (at least for me). I've been working on trying to build up a female only crew and every new BO I'm awarded is Male, while in the grand scheme of things this is trivial, I know, it still is a tad frustrating. I'm stuck with buying standard female BOs because the green and blue one's I've gotten have all been male.

Is it possible to either
A) mix up the randomness of BO assignments (more woman please)
B) As technically BO sex is non-game impacting (cosmetic) can we select the sex of the officer at assignment?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-06-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm guessing the Devs thought of that one.

They figured most of the subscribers would have 'augmented' female BOs filling the bridge of the U.S.S Harem, so the only way to make sure the male art assets actually got some use was to make most of the BO rewards male.

That way you'd at least see them in a window real quick while training Ensign Luscious.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-07-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiKami View Post
They figured most of the subscribers would have 'augmented' female BOs filling the bridge of the U.S.S Harem
And what is wrong with this? :p I happen to take pride in my all babe crew for my Fed Engineer.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
And what is wrong with this? :p I happen to take pride in my all babe crew for my Fed Engineer.
Me too with my Fed Sci, and My Klingon Tac...... and my other Klingon Sci......

O.k I like booty, so sue me!
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-12-2010, 08:46 AM
I believe I have received male and female BOs. Anyway, you might just buy a new female BO from the BO requisitioner in Sol for 100 energy credits and then train your new female BO with the rare talents of the awarded BOs. From what I have heard and observed they have 1 rare talent that would make them worthwhile, all the other talents are pretty much standard (or maybe I just had bad luck with my awarded BOs).
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-12-2010, 10:09 AM
I'm in favor of gender reassignment. Heck, on TNG and DS9 they could make Picard into a Cardassian and Sisco into a Klingon - I'm sure they can just run a simple medical procedure, and viola.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiKami View Post
I'm guessing the Devs thought of that one.

They figured most of the subscribers would have 'augmented' female BOs filling the bridge of the U.S.S Harem, so the only way to make sure the male art assets actually got some use was to make most of the BO rewards male.

That way you'd at least see them in a window real quick while training Ensign Luscious.
QFT

My character is male, all my BO's are female. Why have it any other way?

Lol Ensign Luscious...
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfcJOKER
No - this post is not what you think...

I'm wondering why it seems at least 90% of the BOs awarded during the level up New Bridge Officer missions are male (at least for me). I've been working on trying to build up a female only crew and every new BO I'm awarded is Male, while in the grand scheme of things this is trivial, I know, it still is a tad frustrating. I'm stuck with buying standard female BOs because the green and blue one's I've gotten have all been male.

Is it possible to either
A) mix up the randomness of BO assignments (more woman please)
B) As technically BO sex is non-game impacting (cosmetic) can we select the sex of the officer at assignment?
Just buy them off the Exchange. That's what I did. :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-06-2010, 02:21 PM
Funny, for me 90% of them are female. :p
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Most of mine are female. And vulcans. I'm sure its just random. I'm sure there is someone out there who believes bridge officers only come as female klingons.