Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Why add more customization to already customize race? Klingons need more of the love not feds. why is klingons always getting nothing?

Please add more klingon stuff. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-08-2010, 06:40 AM
I agree, but it isn't in the cards. Cryptic could do nothing but work on Klingons for a year and they would still be behind the Feds in content (content = PvP + PvE + customization). They haven't even fixed all the vendors identified as buged during Beta testing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-08-2010, 06:45 AM
First they need to fill out the free ship models - 3 per type per tier if we follow the Fed precedent, with mixing and matching. AFAIK, that is only true at T5 so far.
Lt. Commander
# 4 lolcakes
04-08-2010, 07:14 AM
uh why do i want to spend money on ship customisation?, all the rest of my money goes into to instant noodles.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-09-2010, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkoo-Zirkoo
uh why do i want to spend money on ship customisation?, all the rest of my money goes into to instant noodles.
>This

Pot noodles FTW
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RobotoO
Why add more customization to already customize race?
I think the logical answer to this question is ... a lot of that stuff was already in development before the game went live. And so it wasn't as big a stretch to get it out.

Quote:
why is klingons always getting nothing?
I think, building off of the above answer, that Klingon development is on a much later timeline than federation development. So it's going to take longer to get them up to speed. Stuff is coming. Tiny bit by tiny bit.

I really like the K'Tanco, for instance.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
I think the logical answer to this question is ... a lot of that stuff was already in development before the game went live. And so it wasn't as big a stretch to get it out.

I think, building off of the above answer, that Klingon development is on a much later timeline than federation development. So it's going to take longer to get them up to speed. Stuff is coming. Tiny bit by tiny bit.

I really like the K'Tanco, for instance.

Yup, the Klingons wil get tiny bit by tiny bit, while the Feds get it by the bucket. The gap between Fed and "the other faction" will only increase.

So why are Klingons paying the same $14.99/month for well less than half the content?
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STObee
Yup, the Klingons wil get tiny bit by tiny bit, while the Feds get it by the bucket. The gap between Fed and "the other faction" will only increase.

So why are Klingons paying the same $14.99/month for well less than half the content?

All players pay the $14.99/month for all of the content. Federation and Klingon. Each player can access both faction's content. It is your choice to limit yourself to only one faction's content.

Now as far as the variants go, I think it takes longer for Klingon ships as Klingon players are pickier on what they like. You can't just add a few angles here and there and expect it to fly. It will take some time. They have already moved faster than most companies.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Don't worry, in another month or so a dev will show up and explain how they intend for the klingon faction to be fully fleshed out (again). Personally, I have my hopes up for Christmas. 2012.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hundredth View Post
Don't worry, in another month or so a dev will show up and explain how they intend for the klingon faction to be fully fleshed out (again). Personally, I have my hopes up for Christmas. 2012.

Yeah, but 2012 in WHAT TIMELINE? Certainly not this one.