Lt. Commander
# 1 Help with Infected
04-15-2010, 03:32 AM
When I enter the sibrian system to play infected, I find two borg spheres and two cubes, when I get into firing range of just one ship they all jump me and I only get a couple of shots off before i'm destroyed.

Am I missing something or not doing something right? Any help/tips would be appreciated.

Thanx
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-15-2010, 03:37 AM
its not a solo thing .
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-15-2010, 08:07 AM
You need a team with you so that the Borg spawns will die faster than you do and thus the missions in the Infected STF will still advance despite the many deaths and re-spawns.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-15-2010, 08:17 AM
Want to have a 5 man team BEFORE you enter. Many like the set up: Tactical / Tactical / Engineer / Engineer / Science. You can find plenty of strategies and ideas on the forums on how to get through infected - just need to search and read up. This is not like the rest of the game (i.e. Solo content).
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Check out this Guide for STF-Infected.

http://stowiki.org/wiki/Guide:_Infected
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-15-2010, 04:49 PM
I would imagine with the latest patch it's now extremely hard (impossible?) to solo this:

Quote:
•Borg ships resist confuse, hold, and subsystem damage. The higher the tier of the ship, the higher the resistance.
You used to be able to focus your weapons on the spheres before the cubes, they only have 80k life vs 240k for the cubes. Keep scramble sensors on the spheres, keep VM and/or Jam sensors on the cube(s). Obviously with the nerf that may not be possible any more. Maybe do it with Feedback Pulse3 before that gets nerfed? I did it a couple times but I pretty much gave up solo farming the space portion of Infected when they drastically upped the Borg health.

Of course the real answer is: this is a group mission, go in with a team of 5.