Lt. Commander
# 1 Nerf Fed PvE
04-16-2010, 05:37 PM
Everyone knows Federation PvE is so easy a caveman can do it. Yet they hand out gear for that PvE like it was candy, and they award experience at twice the rate of PvP.

Please sign this thread if you think Federation PvE should be nerfed with extreme prejudice. {{:-/
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-16-2010, 06:25 PM
The Feds woudl whine if they couldn't get to admiral in 5 days.
Lt. Commander
# 3 meh
04-17-2010, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STObee
Everyone knows Federation PvE is so easy a caveman can do it. Yet they hand out gear for that PvE like it was candy, and they award experience at twice the rate of PvP.

Please sign this thread if you think Federation PvE should be nerfed with extreme prejudice. {{:-/
I think they should make it as hard as KDF's PvE, at the very least. Borg able to OpFor in T1 missions, cruisers all save the Fed ones, all go immune, all sci ships immediately have FBP1-3 active, and so on.
They only face the really nasty stuff of sorts, @ Borg WZ, Romulan Battlecruisers, and Cardi FBP at capt.
Romulans are easy, since you can just watch for VM, and hit ST, the rest only affect cruisers, or are only done if they want the PvE-WZ Daily.

I'd sign it, but I think the Fedbears would cry, and Cryptic would screw up, and nerf our PvE, beyond the bs it already is. (how you manage to get EVERY bug that was fixed from Feds pre-S1 into KDF, and call it OK to be released, is beyond me as acceptable)

Maybe that could give us purples and blues, just for logging on as KDF. Might be the only incentive to have enough KDF for Fed's to PvP with.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-17-2010, 12:27 AM
please, there are only TWO quests that give gamebreaking equipment. the rest are either good equipment for the level that can be bought with pvp credits or crap that you wouldn't want.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-17-2010, 12:50 AM
By rolling a Klingon, you've voluntarily chosen hard mode. And now, you don't complain it's too hard, you gripe about how easy the Feds have it. That's just hilarious.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-17-2010, 01:16 AM
i do not want a change I like it the way it is!
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-17-2010, 01:49 AM
I would definatley welcome a nerf to the XP that fed PvE missions give.
In fact i think its needed, since people seem to play through and reach "rear admiral" way to fast by doing the episodes alone.

Nerf the XP, flesh out with more episodes.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-17-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LasseBlutstroemen
By rolling a Klingon, you've voluntarily chosen hard mode. And now, you don't complain it's too hard, you gripe about how easy the Feds have it. That's just hilarious.
I must agree with my esteemed colleague in this matter
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-21-2010, 07:21 AM
Federation PvE needs to have the difficulty turned up. I don't really care if it is difficult or not play, (I don't see how fighting a scripted event is challenging). But the problem with PvE being to easy is that I have done the "the big dig" and CE so many times with an entire group of people that have no idea how to play except running around aimlessly killing things. Nobody puts any thought about what they need to do for the quest... and after the dozen or so times trying, it gets really frustrating.

If there needs to only be one reason to make PvE more difficult. Then it should be to help train the people leveling up. Force them to use their abilities, and it will make them better players.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-17-2010, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LasseBlutstroemen
Didn't volunteer for anything. I was going to play Klingon just like I've done for the last 15-20 years in Star Fleet Battles. It had nothing to do with wanting to take the hard mode, only that Cryptic made Klingons utterly mind numbing. So I stopped playing my beloved Klingons and have played Fed since about the 3rd week.

I point out that the Feddie PvE is child's play and that the rewards there are both unwaranted by the effort required and out of all proportion to the rewards from PvP. If you think that's hilarious then you have a strange sense of humor.

This game is dead to me. I'll go thru the motions of playing out the Fed storyline like a zombie and let my subscription expire at the begining of May. The oly recommendation I have for this game is . . . don't play it.