Lt. Commander
# 1 Please Address PVP
04-18-2010, 05:22 PM
How many other players would like a system implemented in pvp battlegrounds that limit the beaming out during a match without forfeiting the match. Both sides have this problem the winning side has to sit and wait around because the loosing team rage quits. If not that at least implement a timer. Also unnerf pvp that would encourage more people to play or offer better benefits.

I play both sides but it eludes me why the feds Defiant Class vessels can't cloak.

Lastly, WHEN CAN WE PLAY ROMULANS?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-18-2010, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron-Michael
How many other players would like a system implemented in pvp battlegrounds that limit the beaming out during a match without forfeiting the match. Both sides have this problem the winning side has to sit and wait around because the loosing team rage quits. If not that at least implement a timer. Also unnerf pvp that would encourage more people to play or offer better benefits.

I play both sides but it eludes me why the feds Defiant Class vessels can't cloak.

Lastly, WHEN CAN WE PLAY ROMULANS?

The Federation vessels can't cloak, because lore-wise.. the Feds don't use Cloaks (well, as a general rule, there are some rare exceptions, and someone who can recall all the episode names and contents will post in a minute or two and tell you those exceptions).

It's part of a treaty, and, in general, I think the Federation views attacking from stealth as 'dishonorable' or, at the very least, counter to Starfleet's official mission of exploration and science (the whole military thing is a secondary job, not the main function).
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-18-2010, 05:57 PM
The Defiant was the only one of its class that could cloak using a cloaking device borrowed from the Romulans. It was an agreement between them that the Federation would provide intelligence on The Dominion in exchange for the use of the cloak.

It was supposed to be part of the agreement that the Defiant wouldn't use it in the Alpha quadrant, but that was ignored several times.

The mentioned treaty was the Treaty of Algeron. This is referenced several times throughout Trek, with the TNG episode "The Pegasus" providing some detail on it - specifically, Picard accusing an Admiral of violating it by developing a phased cloak.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Yeah, I think we can all agree that cloaks are a sticky issue.

Considering all the Romulans I've flat out blown up, I can't see why the Federation would care anymore, from an RP standpoint.

And from a balance standpoint, it would make FvK PVP fights comparable to KvK fights. BUT (VERY big but there) installing a cloak module on a Fed ship should impose the same defensive penalties as any other cloaking ship. Toss out some nonsense about the cloak emitters being bulky, and armor needing to be stripped from some locations to make room, or something.

Because as we can also all probably agree, Star Trek is about making shi... err stuff up.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-18-2010, 07:06 PM
The argument about the treaty and the Fed being explorers and sceintists blah blah blah was ****ed out the window by Cryptic. Iv destroyed half the the ramining Romulan fleet, but oh no! i better not use the cloaking device, they may get mad..

Just balance the damn game, let all ships use cannons and give all ships cloaking devices.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-18-2010, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonn View Post
The argument about the treaty and the Fed being explorers and sceintists blah blah blah was ****ed out the window by Cryptic. Iv destroyed half the the ramining Romulan fleet, but oh no! i better not use the cloaking device, they may get mad..

Just balance the damn game, let all ships use cannons and give all ships cloaking devices.
Letting all ships use everything, isn't balance.. it's boring. Might as well only have one ship type at that point.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-18-2010, 07:13 PM
so... give everyone cloaks, so we can all just be cloaked and sit around waiting for someone to decloak... yeah, THAT sounds like a big improvement.

I hope my sarcasm was thick enough.