Lt. Commander
I want to set up customized keybinds and cannot find a comprehensive guide anywhere. Can someone please point me in the direction of a tutorial or at least a list of scripting commands and syntax used in STO?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-22-2010, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojon View Post
I want to set up customized keybinds and cannot find a comprehensive guide anywhere. Can someone please point me in the direction of a tutorial or at least a list of scripting commands and syntax used in STO?
There is none because there is no user scripting allowed.

Keybinds for console commands, however, are very much allowed and visible to the public. In your chat window (console), type

/

followed by a single or sequence of letters or numbers, in order to scroll through the list of visible console commands. If you have auto-complete enabled, you will see everything that is available to the user.

===

Here are some common keybinds:

Target-announce keybind, to announce focus fire targets to your team:
/bind <key> <chat channel> <msg> $target
/bind t team TARGET: $target

Assist keybind, to target your target's current target:
/bind <key> assist
/bind g assist

Target-by-name keybind, to target a specific player by name:
/bind <key> target <player full 'short name', including spaces>
/bind F1 target Matt Dravis

===

By popular request, the Key Binds game options menu now has keybind options for power level presets, Away Team targeting, and Away Team rally-point placement.

If you have suggestions for additions to the Key Binds game options menu, you should post them so that the DEVs can include them in a future patch.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-22-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
Keybinds for console commands, however, are very much allowed and visible to the public.
Semantics aside, this is what I'm looking for. A list of the commands and syntaxes available for those types of console commands. I am constantly frustrated by the UI's stone-age level of AI and would like to issue commands to the game that make sense.

Auto-self targeting being just one example of the non-intuitiveness of this game.

So, where can I find a how-to on the usage of console commands, aliases, etc.?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-22-2010, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojon View Post
So, where can I find a how-to on the usage of console commands, aliases, etc.?
Nowhere (or nothing official from Cryptic) at the moment. Keep requesting it (probably in one of the Engineering Report threads) and hopefully they will add it as part of the documentation effort.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-22-2010, 04:49 PM
How about fan-oriented sources, then? I have searched but found no results yet there are people out there programming keybinds so the knowlege is out there somewhere.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-25-2010, 07:04 AM
Anyone at all? Someone must have learned how to do this and written on it.