Lt. Commander
Advanced mode is perfect, space and ground.

Elite in space is great, ground needs tweaking.

apart from that, it's fine. please don't listen to those complaining about it and change things like you always do. You already took the injury system off normal which was more than enough.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-03-2010, 02:12 PM
I agree. If nerf is being considered, I'd prefer they add more difficulty levels than remove what is there.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
Advanced mode is perfect, space and ground.

Elite in space is great, ground needs tweaking.

apart from that, it's fine. please don't listen to those complaining about it and change things like you always do. You already took the injury system off normal which was more than enough.
I 100% agree for the people that don't like it just play normal for people like me I love it just can't go pew pew pew anymore. Cryptic listen to the op and don't nerf it with this it became away from being a fisher price game and more hard
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-03-2010, 02:57 PM
aye, all my fleet mates and i play on elite now, the days of normal borning mode are OVER !

we realy enjoy the challange and it has made the game 1000 times more fun, instead of ripping through everything in seconds and not having to think about what you are doing, just mash mash, boom, done.

maybe tweak ground a tad, but leave space the way it is, challanging.

finaly for once i have to use all my abiltys to win the fight, think about what im doing and pick targets according to what they can do to me.

i don't mind dieing even , and it happins belive me.( oh crap here comes 10 quantum torpedo's! BRACE FOR IMPACT! , and im dead or close to it )
i rather enjoy being blown up now, as well as the death penalty, it's about time something in pve finaly blew me up, instead of me insta vaporizing everything in my path.

i like that you can't 5 second pop a enemy battleship.

i only wish that this option was in since the start, it's like playing a brand new game.

and for thoughs that don't like the challange, there's still insta win normal, for your playing blindfolded gaming pleasure
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-03-2010, 03:05 PM
Just adding my 2 cents.

Current space elite mode is awesome. Please don't change it.

Haven't tried ground yet.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-03-2010, 03:08 PM
i would agree but i think advanced ground needs some tweaks as well, but the difficulty is spot on. its a challenge but still very doable.

normal is perfect for the casual gamer

advanced is good on space, around is 95% spot on for ground but occasionally something stupid happens like every one attacks your main killing them in seconds or someone one shots you, so just some minor tweaking there too. tactical officers suffer from the lack of heals and shields, so they need to rely more on their BO's to protect them.

elite should be very hard, hence the name elite and reserved for the very best gamers. no one should ever say elite is too hard. as long as it can be completed then dont neuf it otherwise whats the point in calling it elite.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Quote:
please don't listen to those complaining
If that is what you truly want them to do, then they should ignore this thread since you are complaining about other people complaining.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
If that is what you truly want them to do, then they should ignore this thread since you are complaining about other people complaining.
I like how you conveniently cut off the rest of the sentence to suit your needs.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Quote:
I like how you conveniently cut off the rest of the sentence to suit your needs.
The rest of the sentence is irrelevant because your complaining is no better or worse than the complaining of the people you are complaining about. So if you dont want Cryptic to listen to complaining, then you dont want them to listen to your own thread.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Would it be possible to make Elite scale better with groups? When I do two man groups for exploration, we are able to slaughter whatever ships are there... same with ground units... we have tried Borg, a few random races, and Undine... of all of them Undine were the hardest (Those plasma torpedoes are able to burn through Hazzard Emitters III and Engineering Team II somehow).

Elite in single player though is pretty difficult depending on the type of enemy you are facing and I like were it is for now.