Lt. Commander
how amazing is the galaxy-x? i know it's just a tier 5 galaxy class with a third naculles, but really apart from looks what else does it have?

can it stealth like in the show? does it have a super iwin cannon on the front that can rip thru a negh var with full sheilds in 1 shot?
is it the fastest ship in the game?
apart from looks, what makes the galaxy class so special? and can anybody provide a link/proof of this total awesomeness?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
can it stealth like in the show?
No clue. Only rumors.

Quote:
does it have a super iwin cannon on the front that can rip thru a negh var with full sheilds in 1 shot?
It will have something. But that something will not work like it worked on the show. No one-shotting Neg'Vahrs. We all know that isn't going to happen.

Quote:
is it the fastest ship in the game?
No clue. We've not been given that info. However, game mechanics being what they are ... it is not likely that a Cruiser will be the speed king of the fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
No clue. Only rumors.

It will have something. But that something will not work like it worked on the show. No one-shotting Neg'Vahrs. We all know that isn't going to happen.

No clue. We've not been given that info. However, game mechanics being what they are ... it is not likely that a Cruiser will be the speed king of the fleet.
so people are super cranky about it being a friend referal only item and practically shoving friend referals at everybody they can because?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Quote:
so people are super cranky about it being a friend referal only item and practically shoving friend referals at everybody they can because?
Because people would rather it be something they could just buy. They want the easy path. Not the difficult one. For some folks it really is an offense to them that the only way they can get this reward is to have to shill or push the game onto other people. And if someone who feels that way also really likes the look of this ship and really liked that episode, they are going to be very very upset in what they have to say about this program.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-08-2010, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Because people would rather it be something they could just buy. They want the easy path. Not the difficult one. For some folks it really is an offense to them that the only way they can get this reward is to have to shill or push the game onto other people. And if someone who feels that way also really likes the look of this ship and really liked that episode, they are going to be very very upset in what they have to say about this program.
but if it's a c-store item they'd still have to shill for it, so what's the difference? >_>;
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Quote:
but if it's a c-store item they'd still have to shill for it, so what's the difference? >_>;
The difference is how much easier it is to just buy it outright.

There are some people who love the look of this ship. And that's their thing. So their desire for this ship is so powerful that they really want it. But they look at the means they have been given to get it, and don't want to do it. It's a lot of work to get 5 people to stick with a game for a month. That's putting a lot of pressure on friends.

They'd much rather take the easier option of giving Cryptic real money for C-Points and buying it.

I can see where they're coming from. But I can't really agree with them, because the whole point of the program is to give a special reward to those who really go above and beyond. So for me, this heightened tension and all these people talking about how much they want this ship ... only tells me that Cryptic chose their reward well. This is something a lot of people want. So it is a really good motivator for the program.

But the complaints are the other side of the coin.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Quote:
sorry but you are way off base. People dont want it because its easy. If it was an extremely difficult way to get in in the game through playing it would go over quite well. None of this huge outcry, the second part you have right.

they are turning PAID customers into unpaid marketing employee's for content to a game that should be part of their 15 dollars a month or LT subscription!

Imagine a world where if you want to use a product to its maximum affect you need to work for them? No you dont buy gas anymore, now in order to get the premium gas you need to pump gas for 30minutes for the next group. Same thing

Its a simple analogy that can be used on nearly any purchasable sale or service and you tell me how awesome having to WORK to use a product at its maximum because being a customer isnt enough?
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrat View Post
sorry but you are way off base. People dont want it because its easy. If it was an extremely difficult way to get in in the game through playing it would go over quite well. None of this huge outcry, the second part you have right.

they are turning PAID customers into unpaid marketing employee's for content to a game that should be part of their 15 dollars a month or LT subscription!

Imagine a world where if you want to use a product to its maximum affect you need to work for them? No you dont buy gas anymore, now in order to get the premium gas you need to pump gas for 30minutes for the next group. Same thing

Its a simple analogy that can be used on nearly any purchasable sale or service and you tell me how awesome having to WORK to use a product at its maximum because being a customer isnt enough?
most people are content with just being a customer and buying the regular gas, if you want premium instead of paying more for it you work a little bit for it. it makes sense =/ you get a little bit better quality for helping out the people who made it. there by saving them (or in this case helping them get) money.....it's a sytem of bartering, or the OLD school kind of payment..... as opose to currency, the newer form of payment
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Because people like to be super-cranky.

In our current society everyone wants everything now, and they want it easily gotten. The sense of self-entitlement people have now, compared to even a decade ago, is staggering. The internet has made people faceless and reckless and allows them to live without consequences or meaningful repercussions for their internet actions. Behind the mask of an internet ID we can whine like our 5 year-olds, scream like a banshee, and attack others without fear. The internet shows the true, petty nature of mankind that we keep hidden from each other in face-to-face contact.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Because people like to be super-cranky.

In our current society everyone wants everything now, and they want it easily gotten. The sense of self-entitlement people have now, compared to even a decade ago, is staggering. The internet has made people faceless and reckless and allows them to live without consequences or meaningful repercussions for their internet actions. Behind the mask of an internet ID we can whine like our 5 year-olds, scream like a banshee, and attack others without fear. The internet shows the true, petty nature of mankind that we keep hidden from each other in face-to-face contact.
that makes me feel special, i'm glad i portray myself off to be an animal instead of a human-being, it helps me to detact myself from the short comings of humanity and act like i believe i should act, weither it be in public or over the internet (yes i do act like i do in game/on the forums the same as i do irl... except irl i wear a panda hoodie instead having a dp of a panda >_> )