Lt. Commander
# 1 Deathpenalty /w Damagetextures
05-10-2010, 07:53 AM
Hey all,

When I played on Elite, I enjoyed the diffrent damages to the ship after a respawn, and that you have to repair them. What would be a really cool gimmick in addition to the difficulty slider, would be visible damage to the ship.

Actually there are damage textures in game, so why not make them permanent if your ship is damaged because of your death.

You could include:
  • minimal visible hull damages to minimal injuries
  • major visible damage to major injuries
  • an almost wrecked ship to critical injuries

I dont know if this is possible, but probably worth considering it, since it would add some more flair to the game if you ship is actually visibly damaged.
Lt. Commander
# 2 nice
05-10-2010, 07:59 AM
An excellent idea watson lol

Nah reall thats some thinking. Maybe you should work for cryptic. I think most of their peolpe are burning out.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Yeah, Nikki for Cryptician!
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-10-2010, 02:11 PM
I believe I suggested something like that too somewere, I just cannot find the thread anymore. I support it!
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-10-2010, 03:05 PM
I cannot believe I had not thought of this, because it is an awesome idea.

Oh, and this is a small thing. But when you are looking at your injuries and the scanner is passing over you, it would also be cool if it 'highlighted' the injuries. It's dumb, but the little things are what really bring everything together.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Ohh GREAT IDEA!!!

I love it!!

I mean, when the difficulty slider first came out, and me and my fleet members were testing out some Elite Missions, my ship had over 6 Injuries.....But Upon respawn my ship looked fresh out of space dock!!

It would be awesome to have visible damage to my ship if that was the case!! Even Flickering Lights for power fluctuations !!

It would be grand if my ship would have been flying around like voyager at the end of Year of Hell
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-10-2010, 09:33 PM
It could work Nicole, but personally I am not too much of a fan of zoning into an area and seeing all of the player ships representing the very first mission video from the tutorial introducing you to your ship. Unless of course, we could see players with critically damaged ship venting plasma until they take care of the matter.

Now THAT would be cool.

Also, as I was playing the demo game this weekend, I was thinking critical ships or the end of demo should end with your burning ship moored in spacedock back in Earth orbit in Sol System regenerating as your make repairs to it. There are a lot of empty spacedocks around earth that could easily be filled with our broken, burning husks. He he.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-10-2010, 11:07 PM
I like this idea! it'd also be nice if textures were applied depending on the specific damage, like applying it o the warp nacelles if they've got damage. heck when interiors get released they could give visual indicators in there too but i'm getting way ahead of myself here.

i wouldn't mind similar for personal injuries, like limping walk/run/sprint animations for leg injuries or various different idle animations for things like concussions and cracked ribs.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-21-2010, 01:28 PM
Let me bump this
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-21-2010, 01:56 PM
very keewl heres a bump from me