Lt. Commander
# 1 Severe Mouse Lag
05-11-2010, 01:34 AM
Greetings!

I've tried three different mice now and every mouse (Logitech, Ironlady and some other I borrowed just to test STO) produced severe lag after about 15 to 20 minutes of gameplay. When I play another PC game (no matter how good the video resolution and graphics power settings are), there is never any mouse lag.

I wanna describe to you what it feels like: You move the mouse to a certain position, it's flowing nicely. The arrow moves pixel by pixel and you can see the progress fluently. And then, as described above, after some gameplay time, it's getting stuck for about two seconds, then it behaves normally again for about five seconds before it's getting stuck again, and this procedure is happening all over again.

In the meantime while the mouse arrow is stuck, it's still calculating the proper way it's gotta go. So, once the arrow isn't stuck anymore, it's at the position I wanted it to be, but as I said, it just didn't "flow" there, it "jumped" there. And I have to repeat: This ONLY occurs when playing Star Trek Online ... NOWHERE else. It's really annoying and affecting my usual gameplay. I don't play STF's anymore due to this issue, I moved back to playing Daily's in B'Tran and such things.

BTW: When the mouse arrow is stuck, the buttons don't work either, so I have to wait for a working moment until I can eventually click the button. Of course sometimes I can press "F", butt not on all sorta buttons.

Any ideas?

~ Eris
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-11-2010, 04:58 AM
does the problem go away if you disable hardware mouse cursor (i think its called) in options - troubleshooting?
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-11-2010, 08:58 AM
I've tried that as well, however I didn't observe how long it took for the lag. I'll try again and repurrt (*purr*) in here. If anyone else has advice, feel free to post a reply.

EDIT: It's happening at the same time, however the cursor is like duplicating again and again, it's like showing a trail ... and if I drag an item from my inventory to the bank etc. it's still stuck like before.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-12-2010, 02:02 AM
Sorry to bump, butt I've been trying to solve this for weeks and I'm getting bored.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Well, one more time ... sorry, butt I'd really like to get a dev's reply or from sumone who's a techie.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-14-2010, 01:10 PM
same for me... PLEASE FIX THIS!