Lt. Commander
# 1 Proposal For New C Store Items
05-17-2010, 10:27 AM
I'm not a big fan of the c store in all honesty, for I feel that this content
should be offered in game with the cost of subscription, however, if we are to have
the c store, here are some items I hope you might consider for future purchase.

1. Exchangeable ship parts: EX. Nacelles, pylons saucers hulls, ect. They could be nothing more
than slight variations on parts already available. Like straight pylons instead of curved ones.
Or different shaped nacelles or saucers that fit certain ship classes.
Maybe even a third nacelle option hull ect.

2. More costume pieces. Bathing suits, fleet insignias, more hairstyle options, more uniform
options. Perhaps like the next gen/voyager series uniforms.
Maybe Borg like implant options. It would make some sense that Starfleet, after studying Borg
implants, might have developed some of their own to enhance some abilities, (but again, would
be for vanity, and not have a combat edge.)

3. Non combat abilities. Say transwarp to a friend or a limited number transwarps to a destination
of your choice.
Maybe your choice of transporter effects, have say an original series transporter effect, then
maybe a futuristic neat looking one for others, then a special one for Klingons.
New effects on warp outs, to reflect perhaps new or experimental propulsion.

4. New ship classes. Like an experimental class that introduces some of these new effects, but
really doesn't introduce a clear advantage in combat. Perhaps it would utilize a completely new
starship design we haven't seen, or maybe one that we have already,
like the Enterprise J, (monarch class I believe)
It might have a transwarp drive or experimental weapons that have a high recharge rate, or cool
down cycle, or not be any stronger than current weapons, just different effects.
It might have the federation's version of a cloaking devise,
(perhaps even one like the Pegasus had allowing it to phase through matter.)

5. Perhaps decorations or personal effects for our soon to be available quarters (fingers crossed) on board our ships, or ready rooms. Maybe some that can be given as gifts or bought at various planets or obtained
through various missions as a memento or representation of achievement, friendship or gratitude.
Maybe even certain ready room or personal quarter types or layouts.

6. New federation playable characters, like Holo officers with mobile emitters.

7. Personal residences, on Earth, Risa, Vulcan or some other planet, with a choice of set-ups and layouts.
Maybe some with a holo maid.

Just some suggestions. Again, I'm thinking that if we had some of these "distractions" to keep us busy,
we might have something to do while waiting for new missions ect.

Folks What do you think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-17-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancemikemack View Post
I'm not a big fan of the c store in all honesty, for I feel that this content
should be offered in game with the cost of subscription, however, if we are to have
the c store, here are some items I hope you might consider for future purchase.

1. Exchangeable ship parts: EX. Nacelles, pylons saucers hulls, ect. They could be nothing more
than slight variations on parts already available. Like straight pylons instead of curved ones.

2. More costume pieces. Bathing suits, fleet insignias, more hairstyle options, more uniform
Maybe Borg like implant options. It would make some sense that Starfleet, after studying Borg
implants, might have developed some of their own to enhance some abilities, (but again, would

3. Non combat abilities. Say transwarp to a friend or a limited number transwarps to a destination
of your choice.
Maybe your choice of transporter effects, have say an original series transporter effect, then
maybe a futuristic neat looking one for others, then a special one for Klingons.
New effects on warp outs, to reflect perhaps new or experimental propulsion.

4. New ship classes. Like an experimental class that introduces some of these new effects, but
really doesn't introduce a clear advantage in combat. Perhaps it would utilize a completely new
It might have a transwarp drive or experimental weapons that have a high recharge rate, or cool
down cycle, or not be any stronger than current weapons, just different effects.

5. Perhaps decorations or personal effects for our soon to be available quarters (fingers crossed) on board our ships, or ready rooms. Maybe some that can be given as gifts or bought at various planets or obtained
through various missions as a memento or representation of achievement, friendship or gratitude.

7. Personal residences, on Earth, Risa, Vulcan or some other planet, with a choice of set-ups and layouts.

Just some suggestions. Again, I'm thinking that if we had some of these "distractions" to keep us busy,

Folks What do you think?
No, to all of it. The last thing STO needs more of is C-Store crap
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-17-2010, 02:59 PM
What MrGreen said.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-17-2010, 03:05 PM
The Enterprise J is a Universe-class ship
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-17-2010, 03:07 PM
I would gladly play 200 C-store points for more uniform slots.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-17-2010, 06:20 PM
If there looking for more items to sell maybe they should sell Energy Credits. This would at least by easier and maybe then the farmer would go away.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-17-2010, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGreen76
No, to all of it. The last thing STO needs more of is C-Store crap
No kidding. Maybe they could sell content?!
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-17-2010, 07:25 PM
There are any gold farmers left? Why would anyone want to buy EC anyways? I run around and throw free stuff away like a maniac, and never run out of EC. Need a new turret? Oh, costs 500K on the Exchange... *goes to D'Kel for 20 mins, sells loot, buys turret*

The one thing I think should go in the C-Store in the near future... Slots. Charakter, ship, costume slots. There isn't much to do wrong, and leave unfinished about them.

Look at all the playable races.

Ferengi had a Lobes for Business trait in beta. Now they have completely senseless traits and no teeth. Oh, and a bug that doesn't let you change the head size slider, too.
Tellarites. When the BOs came on Tribble, people complained about the wrong height and bodyshape. It went live and playable as it was, and is still not fixed.
Pakleds. BOs went on Tribble, people complained about the wrong bodyshape - the SAME issue the Tellarites already had. Pakleds went live and its not fixed.
Fed Klingons in itself were a major slap in the face, if not a death sentence for the KDF. Besides that, they are stuck with fugly dreadlocks no Klingon ever had, and zero other hair options.

What are the devs doing? Fixing that? No. They work on new C-Store items.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Isnt enough of that already in C-Store?

Quote:
2. More costume pieces. Bathing suits,
They are working on it

Quote:
fleet insignias, more hairstyle options, more uniform
They are working on it (at last thats what they say). Beside the fleet insignia.

Quote:
Was an exclusive for Collectors Edition

Quote:
Maybe Borg like implant options.
Was an exclusive for lifetime

Quote:
It would make some sense that Starfleet, after studying Borg
Well... if it wouldnt be the STAR TREK version of Starfleet may be it would make sence. But, after Abrahams Star Crap, who, besides me, gives a **** about the diffrence between Star Trek and Starship Troupers...

Quote:
of your choice.
Will come as "recruiting reward"

Quote:
Comes with the recruiting reward too, besides it was already seen in "All good things" and is named Galaxy X. A simple super-ship with supercanon and cloak wich.... well probably it will include Q and have an instand kill button too.
Its actually very easy to get. A perfect chance, if there are 5 people you REALLY hate, talk them into buying that game and....

To the Enterprise J:
1. that thing is UGLY
2. 100 years to early!
3 That thing is fracking UGLY
4. The Enterprise E is still active, there are FOUR Enterprises until the J. On the other hand, as fast as ships go down in sto, that should take 2 days....
5. Did I mention? That thing is UGLY!!!!!

And I wont go into the Fed-cloak debate again, like I said: Nobody cares anyway what the words "Star Trek" once meant, so my way, change the Federation into a Conquering Empire and make Klingons pacifists.

Quote:
Do you read ANYTHING about what is coming at all? Season 2.

Quote:
Recruiting rewards again. At last as BO... If there werent enough "new Charaters" in C-Store. May be they should fix the ones wich are there first... like the Ferengie wich have neighter Teeth nor suiting racial traits.

Quote:
May be THAT wasnt announced yet...

Quote:
/facepalm

Quote:

Folks What do you think?
Guess you know now.
Lt. Commander
# 10 account age
05-18-2010, 08:00 AM
how and were can i find out how old my account is i went to my account and i saw nothing that said how old it is