Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Sorry for the all caps but i have had it with players that keep inviting players with no pm or post and then just jump into a mission. They don't or refuse to tell anyone on the team what we are doing, what the strategy is they are using or basically even "hi welcome to the team".
I was looking for a group for the Deeper map on infected and got a random invite out of nowhere. Me and 3 others on the team asked to confirm what mission we were doing and got nothing. The team leader beamed down and fortunatly we were all at the right map. Then i asked if we were going to clear the borg between us and the last room or just run for the respawn and still got nothing. The group just ran in and started dragging borg into the halway before taking out the node. This was when the first member left. I managed to pop up a force dome and wipe the first node but so many borg were being pulled i died 3 times. The whole team got wiped so the borg reset and the team started doing the same thing again. Pulling all the borg without taking out the second node. This was when the second person left and i decicded to pull out myself.

One week i had the same player invite me twice to start infected and just beamed into the mission and went for it with only me and him in the team and would not say anything in chat.

If you are going to start a team and invite players, DONT DO RANDOM INVITES.
Send them a pm or post on the chat. Use team chat to tell them what mission and map you are doing.
TELL US THE STRATEGY!!!
Let the team know what strategy you are using. Each mission, especially the stf's have multiple ways of doing them and your team needs to be aware of which one your using so we can coordinate.

In the future i intend to decline any invite that doesnt come with a pm or post on chat.

If you have had the same happen to you please respond.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-04-2010, 03:39 PM
There's an easy fix to this in your privacy and teaming settings.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSlyman View Post
There's an easy fix to this in your privacy and teaming settings.
+ Karma

/10char
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-06-2010, 06:25 PM
I don't mind getting in a PuG that doesn't chat much. I mean, the strategy/tactics are all basically the same, depending on which side you're on, and you can just target the group leader to see who he's targeted.

Don't get me wrong, I'd certainly prefer if we got a briefing, or some chat/direction, but it's probably got more to do with the fact that we only have some very limited tactics to choose from anyway... or they just don't know what they're doing, and are hoping for you (or someone) to offer guidance.

And as a side note: I've noticed that a lot of the PuGs I end up joining have some very quiet people in them. I've gone through entire missions as a Fed in a full group where no one besides me said a word. I've never seen anything like it in an MMO before. Maybe it's an STO thing... /shrug.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-06-2010, 06:51 PM
y'know,i hate it,when i'm in omega,and i get random invites.i say in zone chat,what mission i'm willing to do,but when i get random invites,there's no "hi,we're gonna do x mission,want to join us?",just nothing.
also,when i'm doing a lower lvl mission,you sometimes get automatically put into a team.no bugger ever talks in those teams.
also,when i DO join a team in omega,they always ask "do you have vent?".when i say no(i have no headset,or speakers at all),they say "wtf?get on vent asap.now.rant rant rant."p*ss off,nancy boy.you want me to get headphones,go buy me a pair.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-07-2010, 09:15 PM
I think teams in STFs often talk via vent and maybe have their chat window on combat or something. I don't use voice chat, so I know what you mean. There are some solutions:

1. The new fleet info allows to search for 'voice chat' (or something) or not. So, just search fleets that don't have it checked.

2. Be a science officer and say in zone that you heal. Any team wants you, and if you say you don't use vent, they are oh so understanding and its ok and yadda yadda. The 'do not' is: be a tactical officer.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAKEN73501 View Post
Sorry for the all caps but i have had it with players that keep inviting players with no pm or post and then just jump into a mission. They don't or refuse to tell anyone on the team what we are doing, what the strategy is they are using or basically even "hi welcome to the team".
I was looking for a group for the Deeper map on infected and got a random invite out of nowhere. Me and 3 others on the team asked to confirm what mission we were doing and got nothing. The team leader beamed down and fortunatly we were all at the right map. Then i asked if we were going to clear the borg between us and the last room or just run for the respawn and still got nothing. The group just ran in and started dragging borg into the halway before taking out the node. This was when the first member left. I managed to pop up a force dome and wipe the first node but so many borg were being pulled i died 3 times. The whole team got wiped so the borg reset and the team started doing the same thing again. Pulling all the borg without taking out the second node. This was when the second person left and i decicded to pull out myself.

One week i had the same player invite me twice to start infected and just beamed into the mission and went for it with only me and him in the team and would not say anything in chat.

If you are going to start a team and invite players, DONT DO RANDOM INVITES.
Send them a pm or post on the chat. Use team chat to tell them what mission and map you are doing.
TELL US THE STRATEGY!!!
Let the team know what strategy you are using. Each mission, especially the stf's have multiple ways of doing them and your team needs to be aware of which one your using so we can coordinate.

In the future i intend to decline any invite that doesnt come with a pm or post on chat.

If you have had the same happen to you please respond.
we dont care about your feelings
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultime View Post
we dont care about your feelings
as snide and rude as this comment is, it made me laugh. :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-08-2010, 06:50 AM
Even funnier is if you're spamming Zonechat to look for a certain class for a certain mission, you've always got those idiots that give you a tell to join and right when you're about to start the mission they either ask what mission you're doing or they're demanding you do another mission for their sake. I love the ignore option, don't you?
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-08-2010, 07:37 AM
I dont want to have to change my settings to closed teaming. I enjoy helping out new players and showing them the strategy so that they can get the proper experience so they can join more experienced groups without getting kicked out for being clueless. My issue was with new players who dont do even the basics neccessary for team playing. Your not using bridge officers controlled by the game. Your recruiting real people to help you that need a few basic things. We need to know what mission and map you are on and what strategy you are using (AND YES THERE ARE SEVERAL STRATEGIES FOR EACH STF). I dont require you be on vent for infected as it is the simplest of the stf's but you do need to at least use the chat feature to communicate with your team.

VOICE CHAT: (ventrillo teamspeak skype mumble)
If you are going to be a serious online player, you need some form of communicating without writing 3 pages of instructions to do anything. I am tired of these purists that insist if you needed it they would have it in the game or buy them one if its so all fired necessary. Cryptic has said time and again there were several features that they had to skip over to get the game released in time (a deadline not set by them). There are also tons of other computer programs and functions that require a microphone, so its not just STO but a sound investment in your computer. I have found that the most efficient groups are ones that use vent. You dont always need a mic as long as you can hear directions through your speakers (which come with every computer so dont say you dont have them). I have become an avid supporter in this. Very rarely do i attempt groups without some voice chat now and i am more than willing to drop a team without it if they cant coordinate effectively without it.