Lt. Commander
So, I played the game since head start and for a couple months I had no graphical problems at all. I was playing on high settings and the framerate was excellent and the memory usage was fine. Then I decided to take a few weeks off from the game and came back yesterday. In the meantime I haven't changed my computer/drivers, except from maintaining it as well as possible, which I always do.

Now the game isn't even playable when I lower the settings to "Crap". It takes 550,000k memory just standing in one of the boring hallways in Earth Spacedock, not even near the flashy/busy stuff.

System:
Dell XPS M1530
Intel Core 2 Duo T9500 2.6GHz
4GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

The drivers are up to date, I'm not doing anything else memory-intensive while I play, it's not dusty and the fans are going; essentially I know what I'm doing with my computer and I know this isn't a problem on my end. As I said, the game used to run great on high settings and now it plays like crap even after I change the settings to make it look like crap.

I've been hearing some rumblings about memory leaks and whatnot, so I was hoping to get an answer to my problem or just hear what similar problems other people are having.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-04-2010, 11:06 PM
I think Im haveing the same problem, Ive just came back from a break too! No matter what I do the graphics freak out!
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-11-2010, 06:42 AM
This game is very VERY resource intensive. In fact, it is the most resource intensive program I have installed at the moment. I wonder if it is for this reason I get disconnected so often, or just that it has some design issues?
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-11-2010, 09:11 AM
at first i played this game "full on" max settings nice framerates (60) "had vsyn on" no problem what so ever! but now i need to tweak som stuff down, looks bit crapy and the darn thing is still in low frames (15-30) in high pop areas 15 and in low pop i get 30. but the main problem i have now and i did not had that at first is that my GPU start to heat up fast and high (80+)

i'm a pc clean freak and i don't have a speck of dust in my case or fans ... i weekly clean that "yeah i'm freaky about that" and still its over-heating fast.

its not normal that a system like this (Quad core 2.8Ghz / 8GB 800Mhz Ram / GTX285 1GB Mem ) can't take the strain. oh well did som tweaking and temps are at 65 still to high but i can live with that cus i don't want to go to low on the game settings, i hate playing games on low setting. down side is i stil play at low fps 30 but its do'able for now.
as long as the gameplay don't freez on me i'm happy.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-11-2010, 11:38 PM
I've had to learn to live with low settings, but I hope it's just a stopgap thing until they fix this. It takes more to run than most fast-paced action games, which they don't really advertise. Even at low settings it's straining my computer. Cryptic, please fix this. It's horrible to know that this was once working great but then something on your end is ruining our visual experience in-game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-11-2010, 11:58 PM
Ive had the same problem "ever since the patch" not sure if this is the cause but before the patch
only had a problem in a few places mainly solar wind but since the patch ive had problems all over.