Lt. Commander
I just came back to the game today, and it has been rendered almost completely unplayable by random drops in the frames per second. One moment I'm playing just fine, but the next (and it doesn't really matter where I am) my framerates drop to less than 1 per second. I've put all the settings on low and i still get the same issue.

The game didn't do this when I was playing a number of months ago, just now when I started playing again. I'm using an Nvidia GTX 260m, intel core 2 duo at 2.66 ghz, 6 gig of ram, and on windows 7 64 bit
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-12-2010, 08:31 PM
To me that sounds like something is overheating. (if it plays fine for a while then suddenly bogs down)

Otherwise try running the verify, update drivers, update directx, ect.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-12-2010, 09:57 PM
This machine is meant to takee higher heat (was built for it), drivers and directX are both updated. This is the thing, the game ran fine when I played it before, nothing like this ever happened, its just when I started playing again, after all these patches
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-13-2010, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spynghotoh
This machine is meant to takee higher heat (was built for it), drivers and directX are both updated. This is the thing, the game ran fine when I played it before, nothing like this ever happened, its just when I started playing again, after all these patches
Yes, but you said "a number of months ago", dust can build up like crazy during that time, especially if you have a well ventilated case. :p Check your temps anyway.

But also make sure you don't have programs like nhancer, or OSD's running, I made that mistake once... curse you Nhancer...

Again try running the "Force Verify" from the launcher, if still nothing then perhaps try reinstalling.

Or it can be something simple like defragging your HDD, you'd be amazed at how much that can help.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-13-2010, 09:42 AM
i regularily take a can of compressed air to my laptop, and i did check my temps, they're running within normal ranges, and the computer is set up to defrag both harddrives every tuesday night for the primary and wednesday for the secondary