Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
First off I am one of the people who bought a lifetime/collectors edition/did closed beta, all that stuff. So those of you who are reading all of the posts concerning players like myself whining please know that it's not all of us!


I knew from the beginning that at some point they would make some of this stuff available. They probably did too. You can cry all you want about how shady that is, but you have to keep in mind that you didnt sign up to attend a church. This is a game, run by a business. So spare us all you're outrage, we all knew it would happen.



Second: I came up playing UO in 97. I suppose perhaps I might come from a different generation of MMO players. When I say this I dont mean age. Some of you are 40 and started playing MMO's with WoW or EQ. Both of which came out after UO.


This might not be the case at all, I may be wrong. But it seems the new MMO generation has this enormous sense of entitlement.

"well i paid for ____ so i want this, this this, and this".


YOU PAY TO PLAY THE GAME!


Personally I wish they didnt give away ANY exclusives! There shouldnt even be a C-Store but thats another arguement altogether.


Stop acting like a bunch of children.



Dismissed!


Solok, Rear Admiral
USS DAEDALUS
Commanding Officer
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
06-16-2010, 05:46 AM
Another reasonable voice in the crowd.... Thank you!

While I'm not a LTS, I am a 1YS who has purchased 4 copies so far for various reasons. I had absolutely no illusion that any of the bonuses would be exclusive much beyond 3 months after launch. While the game is not perfect... Cryptic is slowly "fleshing" it out, and it will continue in due time. This is very much like they decided to release the Caitians without hair styles because holding on to them any longer would have caused Doom & Gloom posts.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
06-16-2010, 07:08 AM
never understood what the big deal was with these caitians...


they hardly appear anywhere in the star trek universe, but for some reason have a huge following.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-16-2010, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Solok
never understood what the big deal was with these caitians...


they hardly appear anywhere in the star trek universe, but for some reason have a huge following.
They're new... something for people to play with. As for the original post, can't say I disagree more... but that's for another time and place. I see where everyone is coming from and instead of telling them to "stop acting like children" by voicing a concern of theirs... I sit back and quietly watch. They paid like you and I did and deserve the opportunity to be heard. Not like it will change anything at this point. What's done is done.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
06-16-2010, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauwyn_Vorec
They're new... something for people to play with. As for the original post, can't say I disagree more... but that's for another time and place. I see where everyone is coming from and instead of telling them to "stop acting like children" by voicing a concern of theirs... I sit back and quietly watch. They paid like you and I did and deserve the opportunity to be heard. Not like it will change anything at this point. What's done is done.
Yes, absolutely they should be heard, which they have been for several days. But when they claim that they are entitled to something that they are not, then they should be shown the error of their ways.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
06-16-2010, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_blue
Yes, absolutely they should be heard, which they have been for several days. But when they claim that they are entitled to something that they are not, then they should be shown the error of their ways.
Curious, what are they saying they should be entitled to? I can see the argument for exclusive items that THEY paid for (regardless of how you justify or break down the total cost of what you're actually buying. The fact is if they don't give you another free month of game time, you paid for those items).

I can also see the other side of the fence in that some of the items should have been made available. So you'd be preaching to the choir either way. I haven't seen a whole lot of entitlement going on, so much as a cry to be heard that they feel wronged and here is said opinion.

People tend to disregard opinions if they're not similar to their own and either label them a troll or whiner and that's a shame.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
06-16-2010, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_blue
Yes, absolutely they should be heard, which they have been for several days. But when they claim that they are entitled to something that they are not, then they should be shown the error of their ways.
<edited for the sake of playing nice> If I have to pay for something you got for free...how am I entitled to anything? I'm paying for it. I agree that people should not jump on the bandwagon with the "I want this because he has it" nonsense. But if I gotta pay for it...then yes...I'm entitled to it. Again in any business, if you have paying customers screaming for something, its only good business to supply what is being asked for.

The fact that they pay for exclusivity and you didn't would only show that in the end of buying all the cryptic points technically means; they as well paid for the deluxe edition when total money spent is tallied. Maybe even more. Even at the low low price of the STO basic addition at $29.99 getting all of the C-store items means spending at least another $50.- outside of the sub.

So I ask......when all of this is considered...who exactly is entitled to anything? Either way we all paid for it one way of the other.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
06-16-2010, 07:44 AM
well, from what the OP said, he won't mind if I and the other pedestrians here show up at the "captains table", just like some who join exclusive country clubs won't mind if homeless panhandlers want in.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
06-16-2010, 07:48 AM
Some things should have remained orginal to the lifers, and the rest....well thats business for ya. Can't really complain as it makes the game more intresting.

everyone usually gets what they want anyhoo. its called demand and supply.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
06-16-2010, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krenn View Post
well, from what the OP said, he won't mind if I and the other pedestrians here show up at the "captains table", just like some who join exclusive country clubs won't mind if homeless panhandlers want in.
I wouldn't mind it one bit, in fact I want everyone to visit the Captain's Table. And my country club houses the homeless as well. So there.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:20 AM.