Lt. Commander
# 1 Suggestion: C-Store Races
06-17-2010, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Close Summary of Support as of page 10
Support: 74~
No Support: 2~
Against: 0~

I would like to make the suggestion that C-Store species purchased could be at some point in the future, have their parts added to the alien creator too. This would lead to many more customised looking races and exiting future C-store additions.

For example, by buying a race, such as the recently released Caitian, you would be able to go into alien creator, and find the parts that make up them available to use there too. The same with Ferengi and others.

This of course is by no means a priority request, but maybe, if there's support for it, something that wouldn't require much extra work, there is also the chances for this to lead to even more exciting C-Store ideas which I will outline below.

-- The important bits are above, below are simply additional suggestions and points of thought --

The proposed changes could lead to more C-store packs such as Alien Creator Bonus Packs, which add even more custom alien pieces in the future, that might not necessarily belong to any specific race. Further improving the diversity of the player species. These packs, would be like mix-and match goody bags, with various body parts and accessories for the player's look.

Thank you for you're time, I'm sure Cryptic would like to hear peoples thoughts on the matter. So, discuss, and hopefully show your support for the idea.

-- Edits --

EDIT:
-I would also like to give a big thumbs up to Cryptic for such a good job on the Caitian species, a massive fan of them!

EDIT 2:
-Do people think the current traits specific to a race, such as Pounce, and Feline Instinct (Caitian) should also be included, if possible of course, for use in the Alien Creator along with the above suggestions? -> As suggested by Matteo.
= People have also said they do not like the idea of this, however would like the idea of special traits available in the Alien Booster Packs.

EDIT 3:
- A suggestion for solving compatibility issues between alien parts (Paraphrased):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherfungus View Post
the best cure for fitting issues is to allow
the new parts to be sized via X-axis and Y-axis separately (similar to tatoos)

ears can then be brought apart and together to make a nice fit
and adjusted up and down to get them in the right spot
- Some people are requesting the ability to name their creations so they have names other than "Alien". Even more so some way to save and recall these creations, maybe in a database of sorts ((EDITOR's Note: Maybe people would like the idea of a wiki database for custom aliens, giving them a name, and detailed background, along with a "How To" to create them?))

- A suggestion of Alien parts unlock-able through Accolades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeymane
I think it might be a good idea for Cryptic to add some more parts for free; either just as part of the next season, or as earnable parts (ie like do 30 exploration missions, get some alien part).
-- Feedback from posts so far: --

A majority if not all the first 3 pages have given their support to this idea of C-Store races being added into the alien-creator. This can be said true up to page 6 so far.

A similar amount of people approve of the idea of there being C-Store Alien Bits/Booster Packs. Even if the main idea is not implemented, the support so far shows that such an action for the Bits Pack, would be welcomed by some of the community at least, so far.

The current method of sharing Race designs through saved pictures, and then transfering pictures to other players, is not understood by all, perhaps a Database that could have aliens uploaded to (Kinda like the current Captain's Database) and then downloaded to the client to be added as another possible race, would be incredibly useful to many. As stated earlier, being able to name creations, and set which parts should be customisable by other players would also expand this.

It would also be prudent to call attention to the fact that as of posting, that both Caitian and Benzites are not available as Bridge officers yet.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-17-2010, 06:05 AM
i would like this because i dont want to create and lvl up a new char just for having this new race...i want my alien character look like this,or single parts of it
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-17-2010, 07:37 AM
Yes, please! I have to say I was really rather disappointed when I first bought the Ferengi pack only to find that the additional parts did not make it into the Alien creator portion of the character creator.

It makes no sense that once you purchase the pack, you would have access to the species body parts for your alien characters.

Also... I really like the idea of 'parts packs' .. THAT could be really interesting.

Saith
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-17-2010, 10:06 AM
what's sad is with the exception of catians and all but the orion and klingons on the klingon side... the parts are already there for the most part =/
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-17-2010, 09:27 PM
I would also like to see this happen as my character is supposed to be a caitian hybrid (1/4 caitian) with the main missing elements being the correct ears and the lack of a tail.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-17-2010, 10:38 PM
Good suggestion, and one I've heard before.

If enough community support for this gets drummed up, it's something that has a possibility of happening.

Though there might be some odd parts conflicts, so we would have to figure that out.

Cheers,

matt
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-17-2010, 10:44 PM
/support!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-17-2010, 11:06 PM
This idea has my support, too.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-17-2010, 11:08 PM
I support this as well.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-18-2010, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhighison View Post
Good suggestion, and one I've heard before.

If enough community support for this gets drummed up, it's something that has a possibility of happening.

Though there might be some odd parts conflicts, so we would have to figure that out.

Cheers,

matt
I for one support the idea of a "living" race database of elements for toon creation. Frankly speaking I assumed it was a given for the game.
Closed Thread