Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Since the DEVs won't answer me...I'll post here for all to see, perhaps I'll get a straight answer.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE STARFLEET ONLINE ADVISORY COUNCIL? AND WHICH DEV(S) WERE IN CHARGE OF IT?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
06-22-2010, 12:19 AM
People didnt want anything to do with it, atleast from what i saw.

You may want to you know.. not type in caps on the forums. It's never well received.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
06-22-2010, 01:55 AM
sifting through 100,000 people to find a handful of people that are qualified to speak for the entirety of the community is... difficult.

Generally speaking, people will make their voices known on the forum, and if enough people agree then the thread will grow and that will be that.
So to put it simply, merely by coming here and posting what you have, you are on the council.
Welcome.

Now make some suggestion posts about Vulcan ship costumes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyusswren View Post
Generally speaking, people will make their voices known on the forum, and if enough people agree then the thread will grow and that will be that.
Actually, the Devs have stated that a very small percentage of subscribers visit the forums, and even smaller portion of that group actually post. The council was a way to try and reach out to people who did not come to the forums.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view) the way it was presented was a PR blunder of enormous proportions, and the whole thing got canned.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Actually, the Devs have stated that a very small percentage of subscribers visit the forums, and even smaller portion of that group actually post. The council was a way to try and reach out to people who did not come to the forums.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view) the way it was presented was a PR blunder of enormous proportions, and the whole thing got canned.
Since any current subscriber can use the forums, no one can complain if they choose not to use the method of communication that Cryptic has provided for them. And regardless of the intent, the end result was that the people on the council would receive more direct attention from the Devs than another other random joe community member becauase they supposedly "represented" other people. Of course, there would have been no way to ensure that they werent simply representing what they wanted. IMO, all paying customers should have equal voice, and there shouldnt be some elite group of representitives that either receives more attention or has greater influence than any random poster on the forums.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
and there shouldnt be some elite group of representitives that either receives more attention or has greater influence than any random poster on the forums.
Apart from the Redshirts, of course.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
Apart from the Redshirts, of course.
If your referring to the server, thats no different than any closed beta. But the advisory council wasnt going to be bug testing, they were going to be giving the Devs feedback on what should happen to the game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-06-2011, 01:18 PM
(using Guardian of Forever's voice)
The player council was replaced by a Player monarch. I now make all decisions and speak for the entire community.

1st order of business, All players demand their ship have my avatar used as their ship emblems in place of the default and Fleet emblems since my avatar is indeed awesome. This also shows loyalty to the STO emperor (Me), and signifies that they would die at a moment's notice for my cause! The Federation and KDF will all serve under my banner!

Now if you excuse me, I tire and must go to sleep in my mattress covered room and tin foil microwave deflectors.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-06-2011, 01:24 PM
The thread starter was the one that passed away I believe, so necroing(excuse the term) it doesn't seem right.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Since any current subscriber can use the forums, no one can complain if they choose not to use the method of communication that Cryptic has provided for them. And regardless of the intent, the end result was that the people on the council would receive more direct attention from the Devs than another other random joe community member becauase they supposedly "represented" other people. Of course, there would have been no way to ensure that they werent simply representing what they wanted. IMO, all paying customers should have equal voice, and there shouldnt be some elite group of representitives that either receives more attention or has greater influence than any random poster on the forums.
This.

Now what is necroing this ancient topic?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:49 PM.