Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
We were fighting Treemonkey, Tami and company on the ground last night and this is what we saw... Please pay close attention to Torga and prime in our group taking damage and getting knocked down through a wall. You can also see them taking damage in the combat log.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYE7vdS7o48
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
07-06-2010, 07:53 AM
The only explanation I can think of is the TR-116 pre-order item, which has/had the ability to shoot through walls as it could in the show, but nobody really uses that beyond Lt. Cmdr levels as it gets heavily outdone by other weapons in terms of damage.

At max level it's more of an annoyance than an effective weapon....

EDIT: Upon looking closer at the log, it is the TR-116, yall were in no danger really but I can understand how annoying it would be.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
07-06-2010, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
The only explanation I can think of is the TR-116 pre-order item, which has/had the ability to shoot through walls as it could in the show, but nobody really uses that beyond Lt. Cmdr levels as it gets heavily outdone by other weapons in terms of damage.

At max level it's more of an annoyance than an effective weapon....

EDIT: Upon looking closer at the log, it is the TR-116, yall were in no danger really but I can understand how annoying it would be.
no we were waiting for them, they were waiting for us for like 20 minutes. One of our guys said that he keeps getting knocked down and taking damage so we decided it was something worth looking into.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
07-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrus Pars
no we were waiting for them, they were waiting for us for like 20 minutes. One of our guys said that he keeps getting knocked down and taking damage so we decided it was something worth looking into.
I'm not contending who was waiting on who, I was only offering an explanation as to why you were being hit through the walls. There is an actual item in the game that allows you to do that, however it's damage is not very effective beyond the lower ranks.

That's all I was saying man.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
07-06-2010, 08:31 AM
I have MUCH respect for CHC Fleet and you guys have very good PVP'ers (both in ground AND space).

Rest assured that F.S. fleet does not cheat and we don't even TRY to cheat because we have been reported so many times and falsely accused, and we know we are under scrutiny and FRAPS. (Although I do have some antics in Otha.) We were falsely accused so many times that we had to change our fleet name from Fister Sisters to F.S.

Thanks for posting the Video and hopefully everyone else will understand things like the TR-116 rifle rather than jump to conclusions that our fleet is cheating (and I am not saying that CHC is calling us cheaters!).

And I am 100% sure that CHC has been called cheaters by tons of Feds because I have played alongside CHC and won games with their team, and basically everyone who is good at PVP has been called cheaters by someone else.

Just a simple misunderstanding and thanks for the post so everyone can see how the TR-116 rifle works.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
07-06-2010, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeowww View Post
I have MUCH respect for CHC Fleet and you guys have very good PVP'ers (both in ground AND space).

Rest assured that F.S. fleet does not cheat and we don't even TRY to cheat because we have been reported so many times and falsely accused, and we know we are under scrutiny and FRAPS. (Although I do have some antics in Otha.) We were falsely accused so many times that we had to change our fleet name from Fister Sisters to F.S.

Thanks for posting the Video and hopefully everyone else will understand things like the TR-116 rifle rather than jump to conclusions that our fleet is cheating (and I am not saying that CHC is calling us cheaters!).

And I am 100% sure that CHC has been called cheaters by tons of Feds because I have played alongside CHC and won games with their team, and basically everyone who is good at PVP has been called cheaters by someone else.

Just a simple misunderstanding and thanks for the post so everyone can see how the TR-116 rifle works.
As i had said if i knew it was you guys I really wouldnt have thought much of it ( you guys have alot of toons). The explanation works for me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
07-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeowww View Post
(Although I do have some antics in Otha.) We were falsely accused so many times that we had to change our fleet name from Fister Sisters to F.S.
Wait, when did you change your name? I got steamrolled by some peeps from your fleet in Otha like just the other day. Is this a recent development?

Anyways, I was most frustrated by the steamrolling because it was fed vs. fed, which I wasn't at all prepared for.

/sigh

War Zones, not my favorite places. But the PVP random mission generator loves to mock me by handing me war zone dailies.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
07-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
I'm not contending who was waiting on who, I was only offering an explanation as to why you were being hit through the walls. There is an actual item in the game that allows you to do that, however it's damage is not very effective beyond the lower ranks.

That's all I was saying man.
Damage isnt the issue.The fact that it put my team mate is on his butt is an issue.Thats 2-3 seconds of him getting up as opposed to backing up the squad.

Then at will whomever had htat rifle was able to target me ...through a wall.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
07-08-2010, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrus Pars
No one from the Video. And I think I am the only CHC that posts here. Could be wrong.
Thats not quite right. He wasn't participating in that game, however he is from your fleet and he can even be seen in your video at around 3:26 (hint: its right above the insult attempts in a different color).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMS View Post
Damage isnt the issue.The fact that it put my team mate is on his butt is an issue.Thats 2-3 seconds of him getting up as opposed to backing up the squad.
Thats what sniper shots do.. yea. But how was that an issue in a game which was stalled for like 20 minutes with no side attacking at all - except for those wakeup knockbacks?

I agree with what Sivar said. In fact it even presents an opportunity to attack, a tac using this low level fun-gun at bg/ra would do noticeable less dps if attacked quick enough before he gets a chance to get out of combat & switch weapons.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
07-06-2010, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrus Pars
We were fighting Treemonkey, Tami and company on the ground last night and this is what we saw... Please pay close attention to Torga and prime in our group taking damage and getting knocked down through a wall. You can also see them taking damage in the combat log.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYE7vdS7o48
Treemonkey has the special pre-order weapon that shoots through walls.

TR-116
A player equips this phaser rifle into one of his two ground weapon slots. The TR-116 is a rare projectile weapon is used in dampening fields and other challenging environments, it is also modified with a micro-transporter which beams the fired projectiles to targets at close range so that a user can fire without a direct line of sight.


Link: http://www.startrekonline.com/exclusives

I'm really sorry I missed that fight! When can you have another?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:04 AM.