Lt. Commander
Ron Keith at MMO Hub sent a few questions Executive Producer Dan Stahl's way last week. Give his answers a read here.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Nice read.

And 1st!

"The above mentioned Territory War would play into that nicely as well the ability to create Starbases. All of which are being discussed as possibilities after Season 2 launches."

YES YES YES!

STO has to do this lol

"...a good Memory Alpha research score allows players to make unique and specialized ships that can’t be acquired any other way. And then there’s always Starbases…"

Tbh I'm liking the idea of actually creating starbases like we were told would happen back in Vegas few years ago, this would be a great addition to the Klingon and Federation Fleets. Imagine, instead of just going to Earth Spacedock, ot the Great Hall, fleets could go to their own base.

And crafting ships = huge win. It would actually motivate people to craft in Memory Alpha.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Thanks for posting this. I found it to be a very good read. I look forward to some of the new content.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-13-2010, 03:58 PM
meh the questions read as if it was canned. An interview about an MMO they never touched?
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Canned questions or not, I really enjoyed Dan's answers. He seemed very willing to open up on specific ideas he has for the future, dispite the fact that it sounds like they're still in the early planning. It made for a very revealing interview.

I'm personally quite excited.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Quote:
3. What is the one thing about STO you want to improve (e.g. economy, PvP, social tools.)?

As producer it is difficult to name just one thing I’d like to improve, because I take it as a responsibility to constantly be looking for areas for us to improve. As a player, my personal desire is to re-imagine and revamp the way exploration is represented in the game. When I first heard exploration described, I had visions of flying out into the galaxy on a 5 year mission to explore. What we ended up with doesn’t feel like that and instead feels like “what’s behind door number 3”. I’d like to see us remake the exploration sectors to feel much more open and give players a sense they are venturing out into the unknown – far away from known space.
Hehehe a Monty Hall reference. Classic!

+1 for Dan on his humor!

Blakinik
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-13-2010, 11:41 PM
Read with excitement, especially the parts about memory alpha and exploration, and very much looking forward to see this in game.

For the game, I think it was a very good decisionto swith bosses. While Zinkievich did a grand job at getting the game out at a quick pace and a good job at marketing it, Stahl seems more down-to-Earh/Vulcan/ Andoria/Bajor/other planet of choice, admitting what flaws there are and coming up with realistic ideas on how to improve things while also taking into account the wishes of the players.

Both these types of people are needed, but during differnt times in the life-cycle of a game.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-14-2010, 02:07 AM
"a good Memory Alpha research score allows players to make unique and specialized ships that can’t be acquired any other way. And then there’s always Starbases"

wow can't wait to see how this will develop!