Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 C-Store Nonsense!
07-15-2010, 02:46 PM
Cryptic, PLEASE stop putting practically all the new content in the C-store!

We all bought the game, and we all pay our subscriptions.

New content in the c-store is like a kick in the teeth.
It feels like our pockets are being picked at every opportunity.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
07-15-2010, 02:48 PM
Practically all the new content?
Ship Interiors- Nope
New Episodes- Nope
Refit Ships/ Kling Carrier- Nope
Fluidic Space- Nope
New Fleet Action- Nope

Nebula and Excelsior- Yes
Galaxy X- Yes

Well that seems like practically all of the content to me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
07-15-2010, 02:49 PM
They're putting a hell of a lot more in the game as free updates, quit your whining =P
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
07-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momiji View Post
They're putting a hell of a lot more in the game as free updates, quit your whining =P
Define a lot
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
07-15-2010, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
Define a lot
and define how the c store is game breaking for anyone?
its content. its is no different then other MMOs that do the same.
nothing is, or does allow one to be OP over another player.

do i get a +10 awesome bonus for wearing the TOS uniform? nope.

the game can still be played without any of the c store items.

i get the idea of your post, but until they start to offer game altering mechanical items, it is full of fluff and nothing more then that. and if you dont want it, dont buy it. if you do, then buy it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
07-15-2010, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_James_of_Cadiz
i get the idea of your post, but until they start to offer game altering mechanical items, it is full of fluff and nothing more then that. and if you dont want it, dont buy it. if you do, then buy it.
Every species but Klingon and Ferengi.

TOS Connie.

3-buff tribble.

Galaxy-X.

All alter gameplay with concrete mechanical effects unique to them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
07-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_James_of_Cadiz
and define how the c store is game breaking for anyone?
its content. its is no different then other MMOs that do the same.
nothing is, or does allow one to be OP over another player.

do i get a +10 awesome bonus for wearing the TOS uniform? nope.

the game can still be played without any of the c store items.

i get the idea of your post, but until they start to offer game altering mechanical items, it is full of fluff and nothing more then that. and if you dont want it, dont buy it. if you do, then buy it.
How many other successful western MMO's use MT's for me to measure STO against? WoW doesn't have them, neither do Eve, PotBS, and as far as i know neither do FFXI and Everquest. If those games can manage to create new content, expansions, and more with a basic subscription, why can't a new game like STO do it?

My problem with the C-store is that they're trying to emulate a model used by eastern (more specifically S. Korean) companies in the hopes that western players behave like they do in korea. How many people here have tried the F2P games that are out there? They're sub par in almost everyway, at a price that can't be beat. I feel gouged, and this game and the company running it aren't going in the direction i hoped at all. I'm seriously thinking about going back to WoW or PotBS and staying there. At least they don't grab money at every turn.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
07-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momiji View Post
They're putting a hell of a lot more in the game as free updates, quit your whining =P
Security, please air-lock this man.

Carry on!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
07-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Information concerning the new additions to the C-Store has been updated. Please direct your feedback Here.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
07-15-2010, 02:49 PM
All the series uniforms.

New playable species??
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:15 PM.