Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
We will not be receiving 2 new Bridge Officer slots for our crews when we rank up to Vice Admiral; unlike with every rank before in the game. Why is this? Is this simply to promote the sale of your new C-Store item that adds 2 new Bridge Officer slots? Why the change, Cryptic? And why is it not account-wide? Why should we have to pay now for a part of the level-up process that is suddenly removed and left out, now in the domain of the C-Store?

This is bewildering and deeply troubling at the same time. More changes like this and you risk alienating customers. If we received our extra slots normally, and this C-Store item being an option for those who'd like even more slots, I would have no problem with it and happy that it's there.. What part of the level-up process should we expect to lose next, and expect to see winding up on the C-Store?

Cryptic, you're killing me, here...
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-16-2010, 12:00 AM
I find it troubling also. I have no problem to pay for special skin, or some other stuff which required some kind of creative work and time and will improve my game beyond its normal. I however have great problem to pay for features, which should be natural part of MMO monthly fee, such us respec, more character slots etc.., or the new bridge officer slots / ship slots, which were part of levelling before. Disturbing indeed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-16-2010, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
I find it troubling also. I have no problem to pay for special skin, or some other stuff which required some kind of creative work and time and will improve my game beyond its normal. I however have great problem to pay for features, which should be natural part of MMO monthly fee, such us respec, more character slots etc.., or the new bridge officer slots / ship slots, which were part of levelling before. Disturbing indeed.
Completely agreed, except that respecs don't belong into the C-Store. They are just for people who expended all their tokens and don't want to farm the merits.
Lt. Commander
I suggested In many of threads that we should have an expanded crew 2 more BO's on away teams to limit the NPC (ensign rickys') and this is how suggestions are being brought to reality in the C-Store?

I am so disappointed in Cryptic on this one, I don't want to even give suggestions if they are going to end up in the C-Store. This LTS is very disappointed, you should be ashamed of yourselves. This is not a feature that took development time, it is simple thing that is toggled and your charging for it? I would pay 400CP for it if it gave me a total of 30 slots and up to eight BOs on away missions( for all on the account ). For 2 lousy slots for one character.......no way that is a terrible deal.

Ship slots, ok I can understand that but it should be 4 for 400 and be for all characters on the account.

Put some effort into it if you want me to buy it, not just toggling numbers in the STO MMO template.

I challenge you to do better!
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-16-2010, 01:16 AM
whats next on the cstore?.......

Access to the Fluid Space Sector for 500 CP?!?

or

1 CP for text word in the channel ?!?

or

every time you click hail Starfleet or the Empire we will have to pay speaking cost. (like a mobile phone)

shame on you cryptic, everyone is paying for this game every month, those slots have to come standard with a level up. and for the 15.- every month i expect thad these things are ingame and assessable without paying CP for it!
(yes im a lifetimer but i standup for my fleet members and my irritations about the cstore)
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-16-2010, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
I would pay 400CP for it if it gave me a total of 30 slots and up to eight BOs on away missions( for all on the account ). For 2 lousy slots for one character.......no way that is a terrible deal.

Ship slots, ok I can understand that but it should be 4 for 400 and be for all characters on the account.

Put some effort into it if you want me to buy it, not just toggling numbers in the STO MMO template.

I challenge you to do better!
They are reworking it so that it unlocks for all characters.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-16-2010, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
That's a step in the right direction, but still doesn't solve the heart of the problem -- the fact we've suddenly stopped receiving new Bridge Officer crew slots with level up, and that portion is now on the C-store for a price. There is no good reason why we should not have 2 extra slots when we hit Vice Admiral/Lieutenant General and it stinks of bad marketing gimmick to boost sales of a certain C-Store item.

I hope this is simply an oversight, but I seriously doubt it considering these new C-store items. The backlash to them has been so immense that Cryptic has been forced to remake them to be account wide; the fact that they weren't intended to be should be a HUGE red flag.

I've also seen no posts that suggest the ship/officer items will be account-wide, only the uniform slots. If you have that information, please share it in this thread. Thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-16-2010, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
Actually, they said they are unlocking the Uniform slots so they are account-wide, they didn't say anything about BOs or Ship slots... (those are still on the C-Store as a per-character item. The costume slots were pulled to be updated.)

personally I agree with the pricing on the BO and ship slots, but I think that normal player progression needs to continue as well - give us our +2 BO spots at VA, and again at Fleet Admiral (when we get there). The rest I can pay for - per character even. (I'd like an extra ship slot at those two levels as well... but there isn't precidence for that I think).
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillingMeSoftly
We will not be receiving 2 new Bridge Officer slots for our crews when we rank up to Vice Admiral; unlike with every rank before in the game. Why is this?
The answer to that question could be as simple as ... the patch currently on Tribble is incomplete. They haven't put the whole thing over there yet.

None of the new missions give ANY rewards outside of the skill points and BO points and merits. In the past those missions all gave other rewards as well.

This could be an aspect of the fact that what we're testing is just half the build, if that.

We simply do not know.

It's odd. There were DOZENS of threads asking when 2.0 would be put on Tribble. And it took over a week. And thousands of impatient posts. And the key thing in ALL of the dev commentary about that week long problem they had getting the thing over to Tribble in the first place was ... that what they put over was just PART of the build. Because the other parts were not going over properly.

A lot of what we experience on Tribble in the past 10 days or so has been ... incomplete.

Until we know for sure that the levelling process no longer rewards Bridge Officers ... it's all just speculation.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-17-2010, 03:10 PM
Because they're in the c-store now! Quit freeloading you bum