Lt. Commander
# 1 per-character? per-tarded
07-16-2010, 08:03 PM
Playing whack-a-mole with all the unhappy threads makes me feel that Cryptic as an organization is now fully committed to bilking as much cash as they can from the fans before they unplug the servers and turn off the lights.

I could be wrong, but the pattern of cash now content someday is becoming pretty convincing. I'm sure Cryptic would gladly provide content on Tuesday for a cash transaction today.

I for one will never buy anything from the C-Store. I hope others boycott it as well, otherwise Cryptic will have no motivation to change.

Now it's time for the faithful to come and tell me how wrong I am or how I better they are because they gladly bankroll Cryptic's development budget or some other equally irrational defense of this company.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-16-2010, 08:33 PM
I LOL'd. Epic title.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-16-2010, 08:38 PM
ya. I'll support this thread just on title alone as well.

Lt. Commander
# 4
07-16-2010, 08:57 PM
What else can ya say?

Lt. Commander
# 5
07-16-2010, 09:05 PM
I don't agree that things are as bad as you intimate.....

However I absolutely agree that per-character for an

A; Useful
and
B; paid service

is absolutely ridiculous.

Mind you, I'm one of those rabid Cryptic supporters, and I am in general not against the C-store.

And Im unequivocally throwing my vote behind per-character = per-tarded.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-16-2010, 10:13 PM
hahaha thank you for the good laugh.... but don t worry...they are giving us ship's interiors on tribble to make it easier to swallow or just to distract us... it would have been wiser from a business point of view to add these ships and slots to the C store at the same time 2.0 is out... complains would have been then buried among the latest season appraisals...or maybe they thought about it but the info slipped out of Mr Stahl's mouth... jezz i should give up healthcare and start my own business.

another reason why they need to sell arms and legs in the C store could be an insufficient number of subs...they have to compensate through the C store. We then should be thankful to everyone making extra donation to keep the game afloat a bit longer...
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-17-2010, 10:07 AM
/signed regarding the per-character craziness. I'll just quote myself from another thread and leave it at that:

Quote:
I agree that these "per char" options should be per account, especially at the listed cost. There are already an endless number of potential costume and trinket options available that will be successful in the C-Store as is. There's no need to nickel and dime us to death with BO, costume, and ship slots on a per-char basis. (Jhaden)
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Hear dat Kryptic? Give us liberty or give us- er.. No taxation without re- um..

Hm.... Anyway, undo this whole per character thing.

=edit=

I hear WoW Cataclysm is coming out, soon. Friend of mine got invited to beta.

Kryptic, you're about to hit a HUGE speedbump when that releases and many of us who have taken off our seatbelts may just pop right out of the vehicle to hang out with Blizzard.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-17-2010, 12:57 PM
Per-Character transactions are stupid, plain and simple.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-17-2010, 01:29 PM
The per-character thing just boggles me. I'm mean seriously... I refuse to buy any of these options (sucks because I really want the generic Boffs off my bridge!) I might look at buying the costume option once it gets placed back in as they did go the step to make THAT account wide. I'll support that if it sends the message to stop the per-character crud.

The C-store is making me very sad lately. It reminds me of Perfect World Gaming's free to play mmos... Only we're paying a monthly fee *scratches head*.