Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Iíll preference this by saying Iím not big on PvP and Iíve heard about their short comings early on so I never bothered starting a Klingon character before.

At this point of STO Iíve leveled every combination of Federation characters available and wanted to try something different to keep my interest in the game.

To my my suprise:

The Klingon Tricorders does not point toward their missions objectives, even though the game-mechanics is readily available.
I had to abandon many Exploration missions because I spent way too time aimlessly looking around.

They have no Research & Development and there are practically no Anomalies to collect, even if itís just to mail them to their Federation counter parts.

There are only about 4 different ground & space exploration missions; couldnít some of the Federation Exploration missions simply be copied over to the Klingons?

Because of these huge imbalances and neglect it's very clear that STO is not a two faction MMO.

Are any of these and other Klingon issues addressed in Season 2, or should I just delete my Klingon character now?

The only thing that works very well on the Klingon side is theĒ C-StoreĒ.

There are plenty of Klingon items to be purchased there. I just hope there are enough players around to buy them.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-21-2010, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameMan2k View Post
The only thing that works very well on the Klingon side is theĒ C-StoreĒ.
Imagine that...
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-21-2010, 08:31 AM
*sigh*
Yes Klingons are unfinished.
Yes they are in because people clamored for them before launch.
Yes those same people are complaining because they are unfinished.
Yes this is partly because of production schedules and such.
Yes this is starting to be addressed now that resources are freeing up from other obligations.
Yes it will take time to get them to the same place the Federation are at.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-21-2010, 08:35 AM
I wonder how many people think Cryptic is 'way-over-their-head' now ?

I used to see these threads and say Oh my... things are getting bad ! .

I'm a bit de-sensitized nowadays....hell who am I kidding..... Very de-sensitized

nothing surprises me anymore with STO.

love that c-store...yup.

Lt. Commander
# 5
07-21-2010, 08:40 AM
None of your concerns are addressed in Season 2.
Welcome to the awakening that STO is being run by a Small a developement team who haven't got the itme to broaden out any other faction than the Federation.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-21-2010, 08:37 AM
welcome to the club

there are some improvements coming but at the moment its still limited

some pve missions, weekly missions in august and new high end missions that will be available to both factions. dabo and ships interiors but no tricorder, no crafting, only one high end ship, some new uniforms, more ships due later

id just hang fire on deleting the characters until next week as that is when season 2 is due but its not going to restore the balance just improve it a bit.

im sure the stuff you want will come eventually just not in season 2
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-21-2010, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castmodean View Post
Evidence for this assertion, please.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-21-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
*sigh*
Yes Klingons are unfinished.
Yes this is starting to be addressed now that resources are freeing up from other obligations.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcAn3nhf97Y

Yes, we clamored for them before launch. So did Jack Emmert.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-22-2010, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Wrong, Klingons were planned to be in the game (and announced as such) when Cryptic took over production of this game. It was Perpetual's intent to not have the Klingons in game as playable, but Cryptic said that would be in years ago.

Quote:
The entire faction has complained for more content since the announcement that the Klingons would be mainly PvP; and we had been getting the same response from Cryptic for months that we would get Episode content in Season 2.

Quote:
No it's entirely because of that; this game should have taken around four years to finish but Atari wanted the game out ASAP so the dev team did what they had to do, and unfortunately that meant gutting the Klingons to make sure the Federation was passable.

Quote:
Another problem, as the dev team for STO is tiny compared to that of other games. The resources have not 'freed up' they simply got to the Klingons in accordance with their production schedule; they still have around four tons worth of things left to do before they've gotten this game where it needed to be at launch.

Quote:
Unfortunately it's been argued (and still being argued) that the faction never will be equal, and never should be if you listen to some.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-22-2010, 10:41 PM
Another problem, as the dev team for STO is tiny compared to that of other games. The resources have not 'freed up' they simply got to the Klingons in accordance with their production schedule; they still have around four tons worth of things left to do before they've gotten this game where it needed to be at launch.

Unfortunately it's been argued (and still being argued) that the faction never will be equal, and never should be if you listen to some.[/quote]

I'd be willing to work for them...lol I know plenty of graduate students that don't need money...just feed them and they'll work just fine for you...That should solve the manpower issue.

As far as it goes, the klingon faction was never as strong as the federation from what I watched. Maybe in TOS they were a bit stronger thna they are in TNG and such. Even if they aren't going to be as strong as the federation as far as content and the like, they should at least be feared...make the feds quake in their boots upon seeing one of our ships....lol, yea...right now it's "hahahaha, look at the klingon...one BOP versus the 5 of us". Yes, there goes the street cred. We need something that will make people think twice before insulting the klingons...just like in the shows and movies.

Ye never insulted a klingon in those situations because they might actually twist your head off and %^&$ down your neck...lol