Lt. Commander
I have tested the new bridges, ready room and engineering, on tribble server, but will they add functionality to the bridge?

If not what is the point of having this museum?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-22-2010, 03:14 AM
yes they will be adding some functionality but with all things it will take some time to sort out
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-22-2010, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
yes they will be adding some functionality but with all things it will take some time to sort out
Thanks, then we hope that there are some reason to enter the bridge and use it for something god?

The bridge has been just a museum before.
A place to take screen dumps to send to friends in an desperate attempt to get them interested in this game...
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-22-2010, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShark View Post
Thanks, then we hope that there are some reason to enter the bridge and use it for something god?

The bridge has been just a museum before.
A place to take screen dumps to send to friends in an desperate attempt to get them interested in this game...
I don't think there is anything planned for the bridge itself, certainly not being able to fly your ship from it if thats what you mean.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-22-2010, 05:00 AM
...so am I to understand that ship interiors will have no functions at all?

If so then they just finally made one too many mistakes for my taste.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-22-2010, 05:32 AM
Given that all abilities used ingame are derived from your character or your BO's, why does the interior have to do anything other than the cosmetic?
Any such real-time use of interior ship functions, such as using engineering to boost flight speed, that could effect a ships functioning ingame would be to slow to affect combat.

I do think ship interiors would be a great setting for future missions eventually.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-22-2010, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptNebuchadnezzar
...so am I to understand that ship interiors will have no functions at all?

If so then they just finally made one too many mistakes for my taste.
Interiors will have function. Just not the bridge.

Your science lab will have an anomaly mini-game that got pushed back. Your lounge will have a Poker social game. There are likely games in the works for sickbay and main engineering.

The bulk of what interiors are there for is, aside from being a cosmetic place to visit, being a place where some combat missions will take place down the line.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-22-2010, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
...... but with all things it will take some time to sort out
I'm really starting to wonder....just how much time it is going to take to get a complete product out of these guys to be honest.

what exactly have we gotten for our $400+ (and climbing) investment in this madness ?

the feeling of service/product gained when compared to investment paid ? yeaaaaaa... it's not there IMO .......

Lt. Commander
# 9
07-22-2010, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_gin_time_again View Post
I'm really starting to wonder....just how much time it is going to take to get a complete product out of these guys to be honest.

what exactly have we gotten for our $400+ (and climbing) investment in this madness ?

the feeling of service/product gained when compared to investment paid ? yeaaaaaa... it's not there IMO .......

I think I can comment on this. Your probably looking at 18 months before the game is complete.

It is essentially in Beta ATM. Most MMOs need 4 solid years of development before they come to market. For whatever reason, justified or not, this game was released only half completed essentially.

The problem, of course, is that the impression the game is giving, even today, is going to permanently hurt it in the long run.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-22-2010, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptNebuchadnezzar
I think I can comment on this. Your probably looking at 18 months before the game is complete.

It is essentially in Beta ATM. Most MMOs need 4 solid years of development before they come to market. For whatever reason, justified or not, this game was released only half completed essentially.

The problem, of course, is that the impression the game is giving, even today, is going to permanently hurt it in the long run.
Play RED DEAD RENDEMPTION, when you are waiting for them to finish this game!
IT is an GREATE Game with much freedom.