Lt. Commander
I am starting to wonder... many many bugs that were reported on TTS have nevertheless made it onto Holodeck. And I do not mean obscure and perhaps hard to replicate bugs, I means things like in 'Blood of the Empire', friendly mobs scale with you but enemy mobs do not... therefore the allied NPC's annihilate the enemy NPCs so fast without your assistance that almost the entire mission is pointless. You are in effect a spectator until the very end.

This is true for EVERYONE who plays the mission as far as I can tell (i.e. I asked many people in my fleet and 100% of them experienced the same thing) so I am certain that to reproduce the bug, all that was required was for one single dev to simply... play the mission.

It is not one of those weird conditional bugs that only happens whist "standing on a box facing north eating gagh and opening your items menu when you have a polaron pistol equipped"... you just have to play the mission and... voilą... screamingly obvious problem stares you in the face at every single stage of the mission, both space and ground. And the fix? Just make the enemy also scale to your level (which I assume is just a binary on/off setting).

Yet nothing changed when it was released on Holodeck.

So what is the point of sending in the tedious bug reports?

And don't get me started about bugs that took months to fix, only to get unfixed in Season 2... *sigh*
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-29-2010, 10:17 AM
A lot of things did get ironed out before Season 2 went live from efforts on the Tribble Server. If those things were not done on there, you probably would not be able to play at all on Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-29-2010, 10:30 AM
Isn't the 'Blood of the Empire' a story mission? Asking because I didn't think any story missions scale with you at this time, although it is something they are working on along with making them repeatable.

Personally, I think story missions should probably always stay at their designed level the first time. Thus, if someone skips and goes back later and completes one it should be ridiculously easy. Then when repeated, it could scale to the players level.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Hi.
I had the same thought months ago after trying to help out on Tribble for Season 1.
Exact same situation.
Widely reported bugs still going live.
Season 2 has repeated the trend.

Its sad both for the game, the players and the people who take the time to use Tribble and bug report.
Can this be rectified for the future?
No.
The Developement team is painfully small and with each passing month this becomes ever clearer.
Thats why there rushing ~UGC for Season 3.
I bet the Tool they develope sucks too.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-29-2010, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
A lot of things did get ironed out before Season 2 went live from efforts on the Tribble Server. If those things were not done on there, you probably would not be able to play at all on Holodeck.

No doubt but when very obvious and very easy to reproduce issues (i.e. 100% reproducibility by just playing the mission for 5 mins) go live even after being reported...

I realise Developer resources are finite and there are only so many working hours in a day, so why not just delay *some* of the content a week or two and do a Season 2.01 release a week from now? and 2.02 a week after that, etc. etc. rather than push it out so severely wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
No doubt but when very obvious and very easy to reproduce issues (i.e. 100% reproducibility by just playing the mission for 5 mins) go live even after being reported...

I realise Developer resources are finite and there are only so many *working hours in a day, so why not just delay *some* of the content a week or two and do a Season 2.01 release a week from now? and 2.02 a week after that, etc. etc. rather than push it out so severely wrong?
Absolutely Correct. I would not have a problem with waiting 2 or 3 extra Months to get a better product at the end, but I do not think I am in the Majority out there.

(*Damn, you mean they get to sleep? Spend time with Family? Things like that?)
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-29-2010, 11:01 AM
Wow, if I didn't know better, I'd have to say that only spoiled 13 year old punks played this game.

So much whining and complaining.

I played for 5 hours last night. I came across not one single bug, not one single issue. In terms of updates, this update was very nearly perfection compared to ones I've experienced in WoW and *** and WAR.

You have nothing to complain about on the updates with STO. They are fast, they are generally clean and working well, and you are playing on a stable server much much sooner than in WoW, where it can sometimes be a week....A WEEK...before the servers are playable again.

Stop the whining.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMattSchwab
Wow, if I didn't know better, I'd have to say that only spoiled 13 year old punks played this game.

So much whining and complaining.

I played for 5 hours last night. I came across not one single bug, not one single issue. In terms of updates, this update was very nearly perfection compared to ones I've experienced in WoW and *** and WAR.

You have nothing to complain about on the updates with STO. They are fast, they are generally clean and working well, and you are playing on a stable server much much sooner than in WoW, where it can sometimes be a week....A WEEK...before the servers are playable again.

Stop the whining.
So many words and you say nothing whatsoever that is germane.

I just gave an example of a 100% reproducibility mission defect that was fully bug reported whilst it was still on Tribble and your reply is... I did not find any bugs. Well isn't that profound. Did you try 'Blood of the Empire'? Have you spent hours and hours on the test server proving bug reports?

If you did not find a single bug or issue since the update, you are either very lucky or, more likely, a vexatious troll does not actually play the game very much.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-29-2010, 11:05 AM
The problem is that Cryptic had already published the release window for season 2 and the Tribble testing only happened the weekend before it had to go live. There is no way the development team could have fixed the majority of the bugs found that weekend.

The Tribble testing should of been scheduled for one week earlier, giving the development team more time.

This sort of thing happened with a lot of software deliveries, Management set a delivery date and the developers have to meet them no matter what.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-29-2010, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg1Of2 View Post
The problem is that Cryptic had already published the release window for season 2 and the Tribble testing only happened the weekend before it had to go live. There is no way the development team could have fixed the majority of the bugs found that weekend.
Which is exactly why they should just hold up *some* of the content (i.e. the screwed bits) for a 2.01 or 2.02 or 2.03 release when they have time to fix it. Just push out the bits that more or less work.

Quote:
The Tribble testing should of been scheduled for one week earlier, giving the development team more time.

This sort of thing happened with a lot of software deliveries, Management set a delivery date and the developers have to meet them no matter what.
Then management needs to manage better.