Lt. Commander
Folks who like me have multiple player characters would appreciate this idea.

Why not have another bank beyond the existing personal bank and the fleet bank. It would function like the fleet bank (IE different tabs) but it would be only accessable to all the characters on a single account.

The number of tabs could equal the number of character slots on the account, and it should be able to hold any non bound item, as well as energy credits.

Folks are already mailing items to themselves, and selling stuff to themselves on the exchange to transfer credits, so this would not add any new functionality, just a ton of convenience.

Right now I have an entire bank filled with food for my tribble breeding hobby, another toon has the bank that holds tribbles, another holds gear I'm not using, etc.

If my idea were put into place, then all these things could go into their own tab in the same bank. It would make it a ton easier for my VA toon to buy stuff from my LT, or to manage data samples for crafting (samples in the account wide bank should be available for crafting as they are from the personal bank now), or to breed tribbles.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-31-2010, 06:00 PM
It would be great if we could share our credits and so forth between all the characters on our account or even access our other characters' inventories when on different toons, so we could more easily and much more quickly move things around how and where we wanted them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-31-2010, 07:49 PM
I agree. I think I would be happy just being able to share credits, merits and latinum between all of the characters on my account.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-01-2010, 10:52 AM
i'll add my name to this idea

im tired of having to use my fleet bank to transfer items and credits to characters

there i run the risk of someone ninjaing it from me, some security with my own items would be nice
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-01-2010, 01:14 PM
I have the problem of not being able to get things like the Efficient Impulse Engines, and since you can't transfer Bound items even through a Fleet Bank this account-wide deposit box would be really great for me.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-01-2010, 01:19 PM
I already have my account-wide bank, itīs called the fleet bank.

Though my poor klingon faction character has no fleet, but who cares, i donīt pvp, so no reason to play there for me.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-03-2010, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthonia
i'll add my name to this idea

im tired of having to use my fleet bank to transfer items and credits to characters

there i run the risk of someone ninjaing it from me, some security with my own items would be nice
I agree (and am adding my name to this). It is really hard to use a fleet bank of a fleet that is semi active (brought some people back for season 2). And I dont feel safe having anomalies sit on there when a handful of people dont use vent and I cant tell them "Dont touch Tab4 please."

Would rather have shared bank tabs that I can transfer anomalies, consoles, etc. without running the risk of being ninja'd.

Back in the early days of STO one of my friends had his currency ninja'd (to buy a bank tab) when he was trying to transfer it to another character. (We all laughed about it though)

There is also a very good example of this in a game. LOTRO has shared bank slots between all your characters. You have to buy them or have gotten them with a special edition type purchase from their website of the last expansion.

I wouldnt mind spending a couple bucks to be able to share currency and transfer anomalies/consoles.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Shared bank tabs
08-08-2010, 06:49 AM
I like the idea of a shared bank for your toons only. I am surprised the devs didn't just put it in game from the get go. This is something in almost all MMO's that most players want. I can see where some folks think the fleet bank is good enough, but they won't be saying that after they lose something that's really important to them. They might not say it in a post, but they'll be fuming at their keyboard. It was just a game when it happened to others. Don't lie, you know you're out there
So, at any rate, come on DEV's help our community out. It's our money and we want it now! LOL

Deiminos Deathstalker,
Captain of the USS MAGDELINA