Lt. Commander
The transporter effects were very different between TOS, TMP, the other Original Series movies (ST IV, V, VI), TNG, DS9, VOY, Generations, Enterprise, the other TNG movies.

Why not allow players to visit the Transporter Room (presently on the engineering deck of their ship interiors) and use the transporter console to choose which transporter effects they want to use?

The Klingons had different transporter effects from the TOS movies (ST II & VI for instance), TNG, DS9 and Generations so they would also have some options to choose from.

The Federation/Starfleet players would obviously have several options to choose from as well as listed above.

If players didn't actually go select a preference, it would just use the current one which would be the default.

This would add to realism and make the game more immersible and fun.

All in favor please post or sign here.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Love It!

+1
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-07-2010, 02:28 PM
A resounding YES to this.

/signed
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Excellent idea! I agree, consider this signed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Not a bad idea, just not sure where this would go on the priority list, other than somewhere near the bottom.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-07-2010, 03:02 PM
/signed, I dont like the current effect in game.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-07-2010, 03:07 PM
with a very very low priority as in *nice to have* /signed

but first i would like the actual transporter effect to be fixed, i still see flying weapons, Shadows on the ground, strange black glitches in the face of my officers or white glitches on my uniform... etc. etc.

also only the captain should reach for his Combadge, not all 5.

Picard and Riker allways said "5 to beam up"...

when wearing TOS or TWoK uniform without a combadge the captain should take out an oldschool Communicator like Kirk.

....it's mostly the little things that make a good game AWESOME!
...or an OK game good.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Excellent idea! I agree, consider this signed
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-08-2010, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
also only the captain should reach for his Combadge, not all 5.

Picard and Riker allways said "5 to beam up"....
Agreed, mostly. I would like to take it a step further. If my Tactical Officer asks me if I'm ready to beam out, then just he/she can call for transport. Basically, sometime it will be the captain, sometimes it will be the BO that asks if you are ready to leave after the mission is complete.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-08-2010, 06:41 AM
I like this idea and there are lots of variety between the different movies and shows to choose from. I would throw in some of the random transporter effects used by various races throughout Star Trek to make it really fleshed out.

I also am not sure about where this would be in priority because it would just be a fun addition to the game. It also sounds like something that would go straight to the C-Store.
Closed Thread