Lt. Commander
Not all bridges display all your bridge officers that you are comissioned. For example the Fellowship Bridge from the Intrepid Bridge Pack only shows 8 of your BOs on the bridge. Since many players (myself included) spend time in customising their BOs I have the following suggestions that would allow all BOs to be viewed while in the ship interior:

1. BOs that are not on the bridge can be found in the lounge as they would not be on duty. These BOs could simply be sitting in a chair, or standing watching the view out of the large windows. This way the BOs don't just disappear but appear to be doing something that makes sense within the Star Trek universe.
Also it doesn't have to be the lounge, maybe the BOs can be found in the medical bay, engineering or the engineering lab working on items.

2. Expand all C-Store bridge packs that are likely to be used by players with the full 10 (or more) bridge officers to show at least 10 BOs on the bridge. Examples that allow players to view all of their BOs are the bridges such as the Nomad Bridge, which show 12 BOs working. Not only does this allow all BOs to be viewed but also encourages players to potentially buy extra slots to fill the extra slots.

The motivation behind this post is simply so that BOs which are an integral part of STO and a key part of players game experience are not forgotten, as it can be annoying when the BO you have written a nice back story for and regard as your first officer doesn't appear on the bridge.

Thank you for your time reading this, and I hope this is regarded as a useful suggestion for STO.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-22-2010, 02:19 PM
I second this. I have 14 BO slots and this would be very useful to me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-24-2010, 06:01 AM
definately.

I'd also like to see a feature to assign special positions to your bridge officers on the bridge itself.
To me it looks like they are randomly placed. Currently, one of the chairs next to my captains chair is empty, which looks a bit strange.

Also, big bridges have too many empty seats... For example the 'Temple Bridge' got 28 seats and 7 additional consoles. That makes a grand total of 35 slots to be filled with officers. The maximum being displayed are 12 Officers.

I'd love to see mor options for customizing your bridge/officers/crew/ship(-interior). I think there would also be a lot of people willing to buy extra bridge officer slots, simply for filling their bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-24-2010, 06:36 AM
Even with a 12 man bridge I would still like to see my BOffs in thier duty assignments not just on the bridge. I know the concept of them being in two places at the same time might scare some people!

I'd like to run into engineering and be met by my chief engineer or head to sick bay to talk to the Doc. Hopefully this is one of the things they are looking into with the implementation of the 1st Offiecer and possibly other assignments.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-25-2010, 11:49 AM
Not too concerned with having all of my BOs on the bridge, but I have a BO I consider my CMO, another who is my Chief Engineer. I would love to see them in Sickbay and Engineering respectively.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-25-2010, 12:17 PM
Well you wouldn't have all of your officers on duty allt he time anyway. There is usually a 3shift system in place I believe. Alpha shift would be the main day with most of your officers on duty. I assume this is when you are on board.
Most of your Boffs are the officers on a ship, the rest would be crewmen who aren't officers so i suppose they would be around a lot anyway. This might explain why not all your staff are on duty all the time.
Plus they might be in their quarters, behind those locked doors on the crew deck!... i need a security override to find out.

I have to support the whole chief engineer in the engineering if he's not theo the bridge though. Laforge often was on the bridge, but he's in engineering the rest of the time when on duty.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-28-2010, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor63549
Not too concerned with having all of my BOs on the bridge, but I have a BO I consider my CMO, another who is my Chief Engineer. I would love to see them in Sickbay and Engineering respectively.
This could maybe be a way to get both more BOs on the bridge and certain BOs in their role specific locations. For example:
I select a chief medical officer and chief engineer and they move to the sickbay and main engineering respectively. Therefore that opens up 2 spaces on the bridge for BOs to appear in, which seems to acheive both objectives.
Further more if you select a first officer they could always appear on the bridge in the right hand seat, which would be the one reserved for first officers. Or if no seat is avaliable maybe standing near the captains chair doing something like checking duty rosters etc