Lt. Commander
Hello Cryptic,

I've had a GM ticket open for over a week (ticket #954435) without receiving any response or acknowledgement (and thus, no solution or help). This is actually not the first time I've had this happen, but it hasn't happened for a while. I feel that I've been patient in waiting for a response. I have played several MMOs in the past, and I've very rarely, if ever had a GM response to a ticket take this long.

I am not angry, flying off the handle, etc. So don't think that. I'm calm, I just want my ticket addressed sometime soon.

Overall, despite it's problems, I really like STO in a lot of ways and I've been playing it since closed beta. I am not a Cryptic basher.

A ticket put in after the one referenced above has already been responded to, within less than a day (it was not related).

Shouldn't ticket handling be done on a first come, first serve basis for the most part? It's almost as if they are being selective with which ones they respond to and leave the more "undesirable" ones for later (at least it gives that perception a bit).

I don't know if you have some sort of prioritization system/criteria in place or not. Over a week ago, I had a stuck character who could not leave DS9, and it took a long time for that ticket to be addressed as well.

From my perspective, there is a problem presently where new tickets are being addressed before existing tickets of at least equal importance.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 2 A week is pretty outrageous!!
08-26-2010, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas-
I've had a GM ticket open for over a week (ticket #954435) without receiving any response or acknowledgement (and thus, no solution or help). This is actually not the first time I've had this happen, but it hasn't happened for a while. I feel that I've been patient in waiting for a response. I have played several MMOs in the past, and I've very rarely, if ever had a GM response to a ticket take this long.
Wait, I mean A week?? Only a week?!?!?!

I've had tickets open since beta, well over 180 days

Months is a standard not an exception,
Even in WoW I had tickets answered by the next day, wasn't alwasy a good answer, but ALWAYS an answer, from a GM, never copy/paste retoric.

Sorry if i seem sarcastic. It's not you. It's my frustration with Cryptic.
Maybe the GM's get 100 day accolades too
Lt. Commander
# 3 a week isn't that long.
08-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Yeah, they are 1st come 1st serve if they are easy fixes.....and a week is seriously not that long.........in fact not that I think about it, one of my tickets I had to delete, because it was there for like a month and a patch came out that fixed the problem....
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-27-2010, 01:49 AM
/ agreed, sometimes I think the support team is a bunch of monkeys who sit around eating bananas all day long instead of answering ticket or giving any real help to players.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-27-2010, 03:35 AM
Has any of the above with long time tickets tried to go in and Refresh them??

I think that is supposed to bring them to the top of the list again.

I have only had one, and it was responded to in less than 8 hours.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-27-2010, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.T.Riker
Wait, I mean A week?? Only a week?!?!?!

I've had tickets open since beta, well over 180 days

Months is a standard not an exception,
Even in WoW I had tickets answered by the next day, wasn't alwasy a good answer, but ALWAYS an answer, from a GM, never copy/paste retoric.

Sorry if i seem sarcastic. It's not you. It's my frustration with Cryptic.
Maybe the GM's get 100 day accolades too
I doubt you played wow recently as in the last year as last I played it a few months ago it took them weeks if not more to reply.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-27-2010, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liandras
I doubt you played wow recently as in the last year as last I played it a few months ago it took them weeks if not more to reply.
I have to agree with this, when I was playing WoW a year or so ago I filed one and it took them almost 8 months to get back to me. I was in the burning steeps I think trying to do a quest and would complete it but always get an error when trying to get the loot. I'd completely forgotten about it by the time they got back to me about it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-31-2010, 09:35 AM
Please check to make sure you did indeed submit a Game Master Help Request.
If you submitted anything at all as a "Bug", you will not hear back from the GM Team at all. (If you open the "Report a Bug" tab in the game, there is even a disclaimer that lets you know about that.) Bug Reports go to another department and they do not respond to questions and cannot give feedback on game errors.

A week is pretty long for a regular GM Ticket, as most Tickets are currently handled within 4 days (and these are the tricky cases that need a more veteran member of the team to pitch in).
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-31-2010, 09:46 AM
And sometimes they'll take the tickets you created on things you've spent real money on and turn them into bug reports to sweep them under the rug and not give you any indication you're ever going to full use out of the money spent in the c-store.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-31-2010, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Please check to make sure you did indeed submit a Game Master Help Request.
If you submitted anything at all as a "Bug", you will not hear back from the GM Team at all. (If you open the "Report a Bug" tab in the game, there is even a disclaimer that lets you know about that.) Bug Reports go to another department and they do not respond to questions and cannot give feedback on game errors.

A week is pretty long for a regular GM Ticket, as most Tickets are currently handled within 4 days (and these are the tricky cases that need a more veteran member of the team to pitch in).
I submitted a ticket more than that time ago, and have yet to hear ANYTHING from them. I am doing what the QA Emergency Hologram in TTS told me to do...If you are saying that starting a ticket will not get something back in a reasonable time, you are mistaken....I have received help on my graphics problems with STO. Could it be that the team decided to ignore some tickets and put them off to the side? I hate being given the brush-off....