Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Cryptic, you said you wouldn't put any game changing things in the C-Store and the T5 Excelsior is already doing just that. It's easily dominating in PvP.

And at the same time, you completely made a mockery of the Sovereign and all the players who Captain her.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
08-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Cryptic, you said you wouldn't put any game changing things in the C-Store and the T5 Excelsior is already doing just that. It's easily dominating in PvP.

And at the same time, you completely made a mockery of the Sovereign and all the players who Captain her.
While I'm no where near being VA, I hope what you say isn't true.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~InfoNinja
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
08-26-2010, 01:00 PM
Ignore anything Cryptic lies to us about in the C-Store. It is there solely to create a place to sell the best ships they design now. Best we can do about the T5 Excelsior being a bit over-powered is refuse to PvP against them I guess?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
08-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOrion69 View Post
Ignore anything Cryptic lies to us about in the C-Store. It is there solely to create a place to sell the best ships they design now. Best we can do about the T5 Excelsior being a bit over-powered is refuse to PvP against them I guess?
Is there PVP in this game ? I hadn't noticed.....:p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
08-28-2010, 05:39 PM
I paid for my ship, so why shouldn't I be able to kill you quick in PvP?

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
08-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooKing
I paid for my ship, so why shouldn't I be able to kill you quick in PvP?

Then why play at all?
Just give the medal to the one with the biggest bank account.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
08-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Quote:
You all are baseing this on hearsay not on fact I have bought it and flown it and can tell yea it not over powerd.
just because you have flown it doesn't mean its not overpowered. i'm sure there are others that know how to get more out of it than you do. thats the point. overpowered or not it still takes someone with some skill to exploit that overpoweredness

Quote:
it works both ways. I have flown against kdf and fed and lose as much as win as i did in my souv,
case in point: you more or less break even with your fighting. learn to pvp better.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
08-30-2010, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
First off, as paying customers we have every right to post our opinions on the forums.
Ok, first let me enlighten you in the differences..
You are a paying customer. This means you purchase the goods provided by said company. It is your right to either purchase them, return them (if said policy exist) and enjoy them for your personal enjoyment. (see TOS for more defined legal explaination of this is too simplistic for you.) You are NOT a member of their Board of Directors, Dev, nor CBS. As such you do not have any "right" to decide what is put in this game, only the right if you will keep paying for it or not. Understand Cryptic will listen and let the majority of folks to help add content to this game as they do wish to keep generating revenue with new things/items (this ship being one of them, and if I mem right it won the adding pole in a LANDSLIDE victory), the only "right" you have is to 1. purchase it, 2. not purchase it.
THese boards are provided by said company as NOT part of the game service, but to all them, (not us) access to ask questions, gather feedback, and help improve their (notice T H E I R) product. No where does it state, that I have found, they are bound legally to allow disrespectful comments, complaints, or rudeness on their forums.
Quote:
And if you are so tired of hearing people complain, why are you still in this thread, if you don't like it, leave. I'm sick and tired off that every time someone has a problem or someone has an issue, it automatically gets filled with people like you screaming "Leave!" I have no problem with people posting their issues and anger over this game. They put money into this product and are allowed to speak of it as they feel, as long as it doesn't violate the forum rules.
And for someone, who keeps spouting about unbiased proof and peoples opinions, you sure do think yours is fact. The difference between discussion and trash talking is solely based on who is defining it, it is a personal opinion on your part.
Nods, that is cool, everyone has a view. hey thanks for sharing yours . Again, you dont like what I post, dont read it. NEXT.

Quote:
As for evidence, though I am quite sure they did mention they would only put cosmetic items in game originally they did say this :
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=23174
Which is why I have mostly been upset about the C-Store.
and after reading that, they have done a good job keeping to it. Only in your opinion and not the majority have they done this, but since you as well provide no data to back up the claims being made *shrugs* that speaks for itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
He's already getting data. There's posts of people winning Fleet Actions in this thing. And doing great in PVP. And so on and so forth.
Two of the most vocal pro-excelsior T5 posters, after having drawn out discussions, have both admitted that one of the reasons they state this ship is not OP it's just "different" is because they bought it. Most likely they don't want it nerfed or whatever. But that won't happen. It's a c-store ship. No nerfs once money is paid.
Thing is ... this ship is better at being an assault cruiser than an assault cruiser. And the data in-game right now shows this.
Telling AC captains that they can tank a little better ... is illogical. Neither ship is designed to tank. They're both the offense end of the cruiser pool. And the one you pay money for is superior.
The play in-game reflects this. And Azurian has a point. The assault cruiser is now marginalized by something people can pay real life money for.
Both of those are because of your skill point allocation. The Excelsior has the exact same BASE HULL as any other T5 cruiser. So if you have more hull, it's because your fleetmate didn't put points into an admiral level skill to boost its hull.
And the turn radius again ... is because of skill points or equipment layout.
The base stats are better on the excelsior. It turns better. And has the exact same hull. And has better DPS potential.
I'm a little disconcerted that you'd bring up hull, since it's already been widely shown that the T5 Excelsior has 39k base hull like every other cruiser.
Hmm i will go back and question rick on the hull points, Now, no azurian doesnt have a point. VICTORY275 below states clearly why.
And no, he ran the same skills, he is literally my twin in skils and for test purposes we ran the same consoles and even weapons. You should know better then that. Both ships were identical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
So you took the base stats of the game and then compared it to the AC?
No offense, but I suspected that because it seems that most of the people who don't find it overpowered are those who bought it, so, somewhat biased.
nope, i do not owned it. as with most new things,
1. people limit their minds and thus prejudge it.
2. I find most times, and I am finding in this case, its the skill of the player, not the ship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory275 View Post
First he isn't getting data before posting. He posted after a single PvP match. I mean the thing was barely out before he started several threads shouting that the Ex is OP. An then another guy agreed and says its OP because he got the second highest DPS in a single match with the Ex. That does not equal "doing great in PvP. I can do great in my Gal-R and AC as can so many others. Winning fleet actions, pft, I've done that countless times in my AC, largely because I never died and as a tac had some decent offensive powers. He also said something about seeing a BOP get one-shot'd by an Ex... I one shot'd a player BOP last week with BO2. I can win in Kerrat too even with 5 defiant refits in there with me. All this to say so what... other can and have been doing it in other crafts.

Secondly if you are referencing me in your post, let it be known I posted before I bought it and because this guy was spamming OP crap all over the forums after a single match. I'm not biased... as I said before I bought the Ex because she is a beautiful ship. His assessments have been biased at best. I posted because I thought what he was doing was wrong and unfair to the Ex captains, the game, and Cryptic. This guy has a record of crying for nerfs and whining in general, and cries for nerfs have a proven track record here. I have been getting very frustrated with all the cries for nerfs in this game.

Also, I was honest and said I bought one... on Friday. You say "admitted they bought it" like it's a bad thing. I also said I always planned on flying this ship too, long before the layout was released. But I never said or eluded that part of my reasoning it isn't OP is because I bought it. I think all my posts stand for themselves that I have been fair and balanced on this entire issue. The fact that it is C-Store only item sucks. But that's just how it is right now. I try to look at it like it's money helping this game through its development at this early stage.
So Victory knows what I knew, Azurian went off half cocked, and began all of this before doing any data.

Now you want some decent data I have seen posted NinjaBoy has given his view (notice his iew only) to the best PVP defensive and offensive crusiers.
Excel does well in one, comes in DEAD last in the other, best ranking in HIS opinion? its a possible 2 more a solid 3. the worse was the G(x), the best offense overall G(r). the best defense overall Star Cruiser. Even though Ninja and I dont see eye to eye on some things he has posted and I have posted, he has a pretty good review there, I recommend reading it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
08-28-2010, 06:10 PM
I've got most of the high end cruisers Galaxy retro Star Cruiser,the much maligned Sov, and the new one...but I think the reactions are a bit overblown.

The Sov is still a good ship but if it is to be the main battle cruiser for Feds it would have been better to switch certain specs i.e. let the Sov have the ltc tac and the new retro ship have the extra ensign.

I personally am a Star cruiser man myself preferring the extra sci station to anything eng or tactical related. But I do think something should be done about making piloting all high end cruisers easier as opposed to respecing everytime they release a new ship if you'd rather switch.

I personally think the weakest is the Galaxy retro but I digress.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
09-09-2010, 03:27 PM
haha wow.

Too short.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:31 PM.