Lt. Commander
I was hoping beyond hope that when I logged onto STO today, that Cryptic would have done something smart, something that would have made a lot of people happy, something that would help their own reputation.

But no, they have once again alienated their own player-base and compounded their horrible reputation. Yes I am talking about the Excelsior. Can you imagine what a pleasant surprise it would have been to log on and there it was available to everyone who wanted to fly it. I think that such a gesture would have gone a long way to heal some old wounds.

P.S. Hey Klingons, I know you are waiting (and rightly so) for some new ships. You had better start saving your hard earned cash now.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-26-2010, 02:55 PM
there are no klingons left to sell anything to via c store, dstahl saw to that, he killed the pop by covering us in napalm and burning us alive
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-26-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhansWrath
there are no klingons left to sell anything to via c store, dstahl saw to that, he killed the pop by covering us in napalm and burning us alive
Playing the martyr doesn't help your cause.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-26-2010, 02:59 PM
Oh look

another 'cryptic fails' thread. and another 'excelsior is unfair' thread.

because we needed another one.

at least he did us the favor of consolidating.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-26-2010, 03:01 PM
Nope this is not the proverbial straw. THIS IS THE WEEKEND BURN....

the forums will burn for the weekend, and then about a week or two it will all calm down and settle back to normal... AT LEAST UNTIL THE NEBULA IS RELEASED.........
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-26-2010, 03:06 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-26-2010, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariahterra View Post
I think someone needs to shut their cake- hole.
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~InfoNinja
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-26-2010, 03:25 PM
I am not at all surprised that a money maker for them (excelsior) happened to come out before bug fixes and new content that has been discussed.

Dstahl told me in a previous thread that certain teams just get their stuff out first.

It just always seems to be the stuff that puts a few more coins in atari's pocket.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhansWrath
I just rolled an Orion and K-space is packed!
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-26-2010, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir1536 View Post
You mean like the teir 3 version that everyone can fly at no cost....?
Irrelevant. The tier 5 version has stats that are not available in the game otherwise. That is a gameplay-affecting feature avaialble only in the C-store, and that is breaking a promise made when they were selling lifetime subs.