Lt. Commander
# 1 C-Store sales...
09-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Out of curiosity, how many others out there have done what i've done: Well, since i had no idea there was going to be a sale starting today, yesterday i bought the Galaxy X Ship and Borg BO through the C-store, then i find out that they have a sale and i could have saved hundreds of Cryptic points.... anyone else ever do something like that, buy expensive stuff only to find out that it went on sale the next day?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-01-2010, 01:07 PM
I did not know, but they have been running holiday sales so I am not surprized. Don't paid until Friday so I guess I will get to take advantage of the sale.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Ya... happens to all of us...

But isnt that the same with real stores?
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Ya... happens to all of us...

But isnt that the same with real stores?

But with REAL stores, you can take the item or the receipt back the next day and tell them it just went on sale and they refund the difference.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixboox View Post
But with REAL stores, you can take the item or the receipt back the next day and tell them it just went on sale and they refund the difference.
Except if you bought it 2 days before, or 8 days before (a day outside whichever policy)... There is always a cut off. I can't bring in my 3 year old TV receipt because now the TV is substantially cheaper.

My policy is that so long as the item is not limited, you will never be disappointed that you waited.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-02-2010, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunnlang
Except if you bought it 2 days before, or 8 days before (a day outside whichever policy)... There is always a cut off. I can't bring in my 3 year old TV receipt because now the TV is substantially cheaper.

My policy is that so long as the item is not limited, you will never be disappointed that you waited.
What? Every store I know of the time frame is 30 days.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Yeah its pretty annoying
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Quote:
This is done as a courtesy at best.

None of the stores I worked at would take merchandise that is on sale now and refund you the difference you pay. I currently work at a store where the return policy is a "30 day satisfaction guaranteed" one. So if there was a refunded difference, it would be because the associate realizes that you can merely return the product and then re-buy it.

And that even depends. Good luck trying to return half a roll of duct tape, or half a gallon of bleach.

So no, it's not that simple.

Sales are sales, and they happen when they happen. Tough shi- er.... cookies if you missed it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Quote:
That strongly depends on where you are in the world.

Here a Sale is a Sale... Though luck if you bought somthing an hour ago, and they changed the prices just a minute ago, you bought it when you bought it, to the price that was announced that the time.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
That strongly depends on where you are in the world.
It depends on where in the world, it also depends on the store. Some have a no returns policy period (in the US as well).