Lt. Commander
# 1 Grande Imperial
09-05-2010, 10:56 AM
UPDATED!

PROGRESS UPDATE:

The first merger is 2/3rds complete between Grande Imperial Fleet/House and Island Gamers. The second merger will begin after this is complete.

Also the new website is up and running, but is currently being updated with new thread areas.
It will have the following:
-dedicated movie/series section with watchable videos
-the standard pvp/wiki/sto information center with the shipyards and tactics (skill point allocation charts included)
-walkthrough informational sections for various episodes and fleet actions
-an interactive rp section with video avatars.

still under construction, but enjoy

http://grandeimperial.guildlaunch.com/

-old post, outdated-
Quote:
SAVE THE KLINGON EMPIRE!

Aloha, welcome to The Klingon Project, the next step for the KDF in the Star Trek Online universe.

To understand this project, let us first go over basic information as well as the issues we are trying to address...

-

Q: What is The Klingon Project?

A: The Klingon Project is the first step in creating a more cohesive group of players for the KDF, one that could rival the organization, content, and quality of a Federation fleet.

-

Q: What issues does it address?

A: Currently there are plenty of fleets for the KDF faction, however most are small. Sure, you might hear people say theirs is very large, but in truth the number of active players is negligible. This diaspora and disconnection of players within the faction decrease the quality of the overall gaming experience. Another issue is that more often than naught, typical "Klingon Fleets" are a subranch of a Federation fleet... akin to an afterthought.

-

Q: How do you propose to do this?

A: Simply by bringing together and combing various likeminded Klingon fleets.

-

Q: Likeminded? So there is a criteria to join?

A: Not quite, but that's not to say there aren't tenants we would follow. The basic 'feel' of The Klingon Project is the following:

-train/teach new players = help out

-train in pvp /pve = have fun

-family = play casually with a laid back and friendly atmosphere... chillax.

It's for the Klingon-exclusive and the Klingon-curious alike... come on, you know you want to.

-

Q: So is The Klingon Project a fleet itself?

A: No, and that's the beauty of it. What we are right now is a means of providing a meeting ground of various fleet leads, fleet members, and KDF players. No ego, no drama.

-

Q: Lay it out for me bro.

A: Will do chief...

Step One: Create a meeting ground for KDF players.

Step Two: Plan, and eventually choose one KDF fleet already in game for players to join into. This is under the stipulation that the fleet would undergo a name change, be independent of the Federation faction, and provide other fleet leaders their due with recognition and responsibilities.

Step Three: Glory to the Empire.

What is key to all this is participation from other fleet leads to encourage their members in working with this project. United we stand.

-

Q: Niiiiiice, anything else we should know?

A: Currently there is already a channel for things KDF specific that will aid in this process, it's called:

The Klingon Project

So if you're interested post your name and your current Klingon fleet if you have one, get in touch with the leads and let em know to get their butts over here. Questions are welcome and any help is welcome, right now we're looking to get the word out and get people talking. What I don't want to see yet is an self promoting ad that says join this or that, come here to discuss, offer, and prove your point. What's good for one isn't good for all. So in short, we are still in Phase One, and this thread is where we'll work for now.

About Me:
Aloha, I'm TAL, most of you know me as that pesky white Negh'var healer boat in pvp. I enjoy good relaxed company, teaching new players the ins-and-outs of the game.

I play a fed casually with the Island Gamers, however more than likely you'll catch me on my KDF character (as he is my 'first' STO toon).
I have no interest in being a fleet leader, however I do want to ensure that the Klingon faction player populace has something long-term, dedicated, effective, and fun.

I hope you all consider this and join in the effort to create something noteworthy and bring our splintered faction together.

- Tal
I.K.S. Azetbur
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Phase One: Let's git er done!
*reserved*

Step one: make a list of interested fleets with
  1. their associated leaders/contacts
  2. website
  3. what they have to offer (ex. main fleet, members, organizational skills, etc)

I will need help with this if it is to be effective = ball's in your court people
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-05-2010, 01:48 PM
good idea but the KDF Alliance is also trying to do the samething...maybe ya'll should get together and come up with some sort of arrangment. Look up Sa'Chang or a member of Black Legion Knights
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Someone told me something along those lines in game, but i couldnt figure out who was who, so i posted it in their thread on these forums. So if any black legion knights are interested in working together on this project and be counted as one of teh participating klingon fleets, please lemme know here, much easier than to hunt people down (that and i never check my ingame inbox, full of spam). So yuh, lemme know please

EDIT:
PS if you could give me the full name with their @name ill try to contact them
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-08-2010, 07:51 PM
You Will never be able to take control of the KDFA . We will not allow this insult to the Klingon fleets in the alliance . not have the power or the right to attempt this. in your own words u are attempting to overthrow everything we in the KDFA have built.

Mog
major general
general of the fleet
Mad house Of Kahless
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsargt2002 View Post
You Will never be able to take control of the KDFA . We will not allow this insult to the Klingon fleets in the alliance . not have the power or the right to attempt this. in your own words u are attempting to overthrow everything we in the KDFA have built.

Mog
major general
general of the fleet
Mad house Of Kahless

Maybe you need to check with your KDF leader Chang before posting something crazy like that. You know, just to check what has already been discussed and what current plans might be. You completely misunderstood the Klingon Project and the situation we are currently in. I'm just going to chock your post up to misunderstanding of information, so no offense taken and I don't need an apology since it is your first post in forums.

Cheers aye

EDIT: PS To anyone else that has that reaction, feel free to post away and I will explain why that is not the case, more than likely though, I probably won't have to.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-09-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONHART View Post
Maybe you need to check with your KDF leader Chang before posting something crazy like that. You know, just to check what has already been discussed and what current plans might be. You completely misunderstood the Klingon Project and the situation we are currently in. I'm just going to chock your post up to misunderstanding of information, so no offense taken and I don't need an apology since it is your first post in forums.

Cheers aye

EDIT: PS To anyone else that has that reaction, feel free to post away and I will explain why that is not the case, more than likely though, I probably won't have to.
i agree that was out of line....like i said man just get in touch with S'chang he's a good guy and really wants whats best for the KDF faction as a whole...too much drama going on with our faction bickering...we all need to pull together for a common good of this faction...bravo to you and the KDF Alliance for attemting this venture

Qapla'
Lt. Commander
# 8 got in touch
09-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Hakuna Matata

it's cool no worries
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-17-2010, 07:44 AM
LF a Fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 10