Lt. Commander
# 1 Breen biothermal Dampener ???
09-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Hi Sir,

In this weeks new weekly episode Cold Case, you get as reward the Breen biothermal Dampener, but what does it do please ?

Thx in advance for your answers !

Allfather
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-18-2010, 05:08 PM
You use it to annoy other people

Its the Breen Grief grenade.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-23-2010, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanharn View Post
You use it to annoy other people

Its the Breen Grief grenade.
A remarkably bad idea. An item that does nothing but annoy people. Oh well.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-18-2010, 05:08 PM
It causes more forum drama.

Heh.

Seriously, though, it is an item that you can lob at friends (and friendly NPCs) to 'freeze' them. Some people have said that it does actually stops their character from moving, but a dev has said that it's supposed to only be a cosmetic effect and not an actual one. (He posted saying they will change it if it does actually cause people to freeze for real.)

I think it's a fun item to play around with, but that's just my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-18-2010, 11:47 PM
You can also freeze your self with it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-19-2010, 12:51 AM
It's the PIccolo of Flaming Fire and Toy Train Set of STO
Lt. Commander
# 7 yeah, but.....
09-19-2010, 01:12 PM
I don't like to because you can't use it on enemies, or at least I can't when ever I trry to use it in a ground combat situation, it only freezes me and a few of my ground team no effect on the enemy.

It wil help stop people from dancing on the Dabo tables, but other than that, who have it?
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-19-2010, 01:16 PM
I have a question, and maybe a fleet can try this out, does buffing with a cryo tribble reduce the dampener's effect? The cryo tribble is supposed to give you a cold resistance.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-19-2010, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
It causes more forum drama.

Heh.

Seriously, though, it is an item that you can lob at friends (and friendly NPCs) to 'freeze' them. Some people have said that it does actually stops their character from moving, but a dev has said that it's supposed to only be a cosmetic effect and not an actual one. (He posted saying they will change it if it does actually cause people to freeze for real.)

I think it's a fun item to play around with, but that's just my opinion.
It does freeze you in place for a few seconds and you can't use it on missions, it's kind of a throw away item if you ask me.

IMO it would be much better if it could be used on targets during missions
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-23-2010, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
It does freeze you in place for a few seconds and you can't use it on missions, it's kind of a throw away item if you ask me.

IMO it would be much better if it could be used on targets during missions
This is actually myth. All this device does is apply an FX to your character which makes it look like you are frozen. Merely moving will remove the FX, and it does not hamper your ability to move at all.

The item is meant to be a simple joke item, similar to snowballs in many MMOs during the Winter Holiday Season. Other than the graphical FX, this item does nothing else.

Thanks,

Stormshade