Lt. Commander
# 1 Formed Alliances !!!
09-20-2010, 08:16 AM
Greetings fellows of this community

A few days I came up with an crazy idea, not sure if this have been talked about before, but I did see this as a rather intresting point.

What about formed alliances.
Let me explain.

When you see the series, TOS, TNG, DS9 and Voyager it is possible to form alliances.
Example in DS9 they formed an alliance with the Romulans to defeat the Dominion and later the Federation and Dominion signed a peace treaty.

My idea was
I want to be able to play side by side with klingons, coming races as romulans, and perhaps even invite klingon players or romulan players to a fleet.

So how would the alliance take place?
Perhaps you a specific rank/level, you are able to start an alliance quest chain/episode chain to merge example klingons together with federation or even romulans with klingons.
Or perhaps a romulan player needs to start a chain episode to convert to a specific race.

Let me know what you think, this might sounds crazy, but I wouldn't mind to see some Klingons and Romulans in my fleet one day.

Best Regards
//Freeman
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-20-2010, 08:32 AM
Interesting and certainly possible.
We know there were examples of Klingons who cooperated with the Romulans even after their alliance was dissolved so there would be precedence for that.
I can also imagine some Klingons who are so dissatisfied by the fact the the current Chancellor, who has ties to the house of Duras, that was the prime example of Klingo-Romulan cooperation, seeks to attack the Romulans rather than ally with them that they would defect to the Romulans.
We know their technology is at least partially compatible, probably because of the technological exchange in the 23rd century so it would nt be such a logistical problem to keep their ships in shape.
So a Klingon who defects could get to choose to keep his KDF ship of switch into a Romulan design.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-25-2010, 04:43 PM
/Bumping my thread to give more people a chans to express their thoughts about this.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Canon
09-25-2010, 05:24 PM
There is lost of Canon to back that up. In times of need teaming up with force. Klingon/ Federation, Klingon/Romulans, Federation/Cardassian. I put the idea of cross factions fleet being able to chat. 90% of the people in my fleet have a Fed and Klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-26-2010, 06:51 PM
That is an fantastic idea and i would welcome such an idea for the game, even to the point of allowing fleets to become alliances in a sense for wargames?