Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I thought I would take this opportunity to throw this thread in because I just started playing STO after being away for several months, and it seems the game is getting better. I thought we should start thinking what we want Cryptic to add for STO anniversary (the Beta started in January I believe?) and start throwing ideas to Cryptic like we usually do but something a little more interesting.

- Android playable race or bridge officier
- More Voice Acting. There should be variety of voices by NPC's to create more of an atmosphere (Chase Masterson was a nice touch) or during phaser fight a bridge officier will yell " Watch your back Captain!" if an enemy outflanks you from behind.
- Add some Cut Scenes or Cinematics for certain or some missions.
- Throw in some dangerous Alien Monsters on those planets to encounter like a Mugato.

Well thats it for now! I'm sure someone can think of something better!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
09-24-2010, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhound View Post
I thought I would take this opportunity to throw this thread in because I just started playing STO after being away for several months, and it seems the game is getting better. I thought we should start thinking what we want Cryptic to add for STO anniversary (the Beta started in January I believe?) and start throwing ideas to Cryptic like we usually do but something a little more interesting.

- Android playable race or bridge officier
- More Voice Acting. There should be variety of voices by NPC's to create more of an atmosphere (Chase Masterson was a nice touch) or during phaser fight a bridge officier will yell " Watch your back Captain!" if an enemy outflanks you from behind.
- Add some Cut Scenes or Cinematics for certain or some missions.
- Throw in some dangerous Alien Monsters on those planets to encounter like a Mugato.

Well thats it for now! I'm sure someone can think of something better!
I've wanted this since the game came out. The non-organic characters were among my favorites in the shows, like Data and The Doctor. I was highly dissapointed when I found out that it wasn't possible.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
09-24-2010, 07:54 AM
I almost forgot about the Holographic personel like the EMH! Everyship is suppose to have one?!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4 C+ for the year
09-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Mr. Stahl has turned the game around before him I would giving the game a D- for the year. He has improved the game a lot in the little time he has been working on STO. Give him A+ for effort.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
09-25-2010, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
Mr. Stahl has turned the game around before him I would giving the game a D- for the year. He has improved the game a lot in the little time he has been working on STO. Give him A+ for effort.
Er.. yeah, no one is saying Stahl isn't doing a great job.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
09-25-2010, 08:24 PM
If anyone has experience with computer programing, you know how difficult making a simple game can be. My experience is with Visual Basic code, and the last time I worked with it was back in 2002. I also worked with webpage design, which is much easier to use. I am sure that programing has become both easier and more difficult. As a comparison, many people can quickly make a web page with Microsoft Frontpage, but how many people can acutally write with HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) using only the notepad and text (.txt) files? In the span of three years many of the various code fuctions were rendered obsilete, whle new code was introduced. I sympathize with the programers as just programing a game mechanic can be difficult, while adding graphical representation adds a whole new dimention of difficulty. I am satisfied with the state of the game, and with all the additions, I rarely am dissapointed. For those complaining about the game, I challenge you to try making a multi-page web site using nothing but .txt files.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
09-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
If anyone has experience with computer programing, you know how difficult making a simple game can be. My experience is with Visual Basic code, and the last time I worked with it was back in 2002. I also worked with webpage design, which is much easier to use. I am sure that programing has become both easier and more difficult. As a comparison, many people can quickly make a web page with Microsoft Frontpage, but how many people can acutally write with HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) using only the notepad and text (.txt) files? In the span of three years many of the various code fuctions were rendered obsilete, whle new code was introduced. I sympathize with the programers as just programing a game mechanic can be difficult, while adding graphical representation adds a whole new dimention of difficulty. I am satisfied with the state of the game, and with all the additions, I rarely am dissapointed. For those complaining about the game, I challenge you to try making a multi-page web site using nothing but .txt files.



/claps in approval
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
09-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Umm... isnt -every- anniversary months away?

Arent anniversaries by their very nature, always at most, months away?

(Hold your "greater than annual" responses. Even if an anniversary is normally counted in greater than yearly intervals, the event in question still happened on a day, and in a month, and therefore has an annual anniversary.)


Besides. I wouldnt lift a finger to celebrate an entire year of beta-testing.

Whiskey Echo!!
mythgraven
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:58 PM.