Lt. Commander
# 1 Biothermal Dampener
09-24-2010, 06:52 PM
When an item is introduced into the game and it causes lag, aggravation, and allows griefing it needs to be addressed. The Biothermal Dampener needs to be limited in it's use or removed completely from the game. It is being used by individuals who have no sense of what it means to ruin or interfere with some one else's game play or they simply want to set out to aggravate others.

I was playing Dabo and some one decided it was funny to set a few of those off. The net result was my game froze up and caused the wheel to glitch several times causing missed bets. It also interferes with emotes so if some one is dancing it stops it.

Funny 1st time. Annoying the 2nd time When asked nicely to stop and it happens a 3rd time or more it is now griefing and obnoxious.

If those players who like this device want to keep it in game then I suggest they start practicing restraint.

The devs need to step up and implement a fix to this item.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-24-2010, 10:01 PM
Could always have a serious option where fun powers are not visible. Could also make it so that all you see for characters is regular uniforms and ships that don't break the timeline.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-24-2010, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Could always have a serious option where fun powers are not visible. Could also make it so that all you see for characters is regular uniforms and ships that don't break the timeline.
Apples...oranges. The difference is 1. the (Biothermal Dampener) affects the graphics of alot of computers causing lag. and 2. the Uniforms...Time line arguments...do not cause lag and performance issues.

Do you get any enjoyment out of causing some ones computer to lag? Because if you do, the devs need to take a serious note about this sort of mentality when thinking about introducing other items into the game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-25-2010, 04:39 PM
Just report them for harassment to the GM. That is what I am doing. If the spanner is in a Fleet complain to their Fleet Admiral. I did that and he took care of it. He told them not to target random players. For me that is all I need but for you it a little bit more serious.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-25-2010, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight
Just report them for harassment to the GM. That is what I am doing. If the spanner is in a Fleet complain to their Fleet Admiral. I did that and he took care of it. He told them not to target random players. For me that is all I need but for you it a little bit more serious.
LOl i even switched instances for Ds9 dabo table and low and behold some other idiot was doing the same thing to people at that table. I asked them nicely to stop. One complied. The others did not no matter how nice you were about it.

That tells me that these players are a social cancer and need to be dealt with. I did report them to the GM and got a reply which...for what ever reason I can not see the ticket. LOL Bug?

Any how..we as a community do not need to put up with this sort of idiocy.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-25-2010, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenstarr
LOl i even switched instances for Ds9 dabo table and low and behold some other idiot was doing the same thing to people at that table. I asked them nicely to stop. One complied. The others did not no matter how nice you were about it.

That tells me that these players are a social cancer and need to be dealt with. I did report them to the GM and got a reply which...for what ever reason I can not see the ticket. LOL Bug?

Any how..we as a community do not need to put up with this sort of idiocy.
ok for starters sorry that your computer lag and all but in realtiy...there not much that can be done except you getting a new viedo card

The Biothermal Damperner were never meant as a weapond to use aginst enemys but a social tool to bring the comuunity together. just cuase a few people have a problem with it don;t mean they wioll go away if we use this logic, do you want the devs to take the Smoke bomb, and other things liek that out as well.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-28-2010, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight
You cant complain to a GM for harrasment as the biothermal grenade was designed to be thrown at players

and it doesnt do you any harm so stop whining like a five year old
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-26-2010, 08:10 AM
lag has nothing to do with video cards and if you belive that then you know nothing about computers at all . lag is caused by slow internet connections and ping speed

as for the bio thermal granades causing lag cmon thats really rubbish

and i love using them makes me laugh havnt had so much fun in this game so stop whining and join in the fun
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-26-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonbull1
lag has nothing to do with video cards and if you belive that then you know nothing about computers at all . lag is caused by slow internet connections and ping speed

as for the bio thermal granades causing lag cmon thats really rubbish

and i love using them makes me laugh havnt had so much fun in this game so stop whining and join in the fun
So you enjoy causing people problems in game for your own version of fun just because you don't believe what is said is true about the lag spike? Stop whining?

"Stop whining" is what a bully or a griefer likes to say to others in order to move the focus off their own disruptive activities. No...this is a valid complaint and I am not going to back off until it is fixed and cryptic in the future avoids such a blunder.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-26-2010, 02:56 PM
This is the simplest issue to fix. Simply turn off all these powers in "public" areas. By that I mean Spacedock/DS9/K-7/etc. If you want to go on your ship (or a friend's) and play around - or as someone else posted, a 'freeze-tag' game while waiting for a queue to pop - that's fine.

I have been in several situations where these Grief Grenades were thrown either on me or in my direction. All I was doing was using the exchange, setting up my BOs, playing Dabo. I never use zone chat unless I am answering somebody's game-related question so I'm not provoking anyone.

Then there were the geniuses I saw last night who were blocking one of the doorways in ESD with forcefield domes and cover shields. Really, you're paying $15/month for that? Surely there are free alternatives...

Another possibility is to open up a second level of these Starbases specifically for these types of activities. If you are a willing participant, it can be a lot of fun. If not, it is just aggravating.